Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crumpetking

Building ideas

That's a lot of potential work unless you want a bombed out ruin and rubble - but good luck to you. (just seen your next post - that's a good idea)

Have a look on the net for O Scale Plasticville buildings. As it's an American range, it's 1/48 scale and quite cheap.

My mates got a few buildings for a zombie game based in Small Town USA. They are good scale wise and are slightly foreshortened (if that's the right word?) to fit on railways set ups.

I'm thinking of picking up a few of the more industrial ones and converting some of my old 40K style scenery to accomodate 30mm and 40mm bases.

He's also got a kids western style railway set from a poundshop - it was less than £10, came with track, engine and a couple of carriages. Once painted (or even converted steampunk style) it'll make a great piece of terrain.

Ill have a look out for those "zombie game" ones but I don't think I can use the plasticville buildings as they are comprised mainly of wood (style) and I was planning on building a European based board, thank you for the help DDR!

I really don't think the size difference between 28mm and 35mm makes that much for gaming on terrain. For dioramas, and display purposes people may wonder why the models go up to the top of the doorways, or why the windows are at their waists, but in my experience these questions are of no consequence when I'm in the middle of a game.

When I'm in a game I'm trying to out think my opponent, not analyze how well my models match the terrain.

I know my group plays on the same set of terrain regardless of which game we're playing no matter the scale. (unless it's one of the much smaller ones like 6-10 mm.)

I've got 1/1200, 6mm, 10mm, 15mm (generally considered 1/100), 25-28mm (1/60 - 1/56) and now 1/48 with Dystopian Legions.

Some of my scenery is generic - hills, woods (big trees and little trees!!), rivers tend to be used regardless of scale.

Other scenery tends to be more focused to either scale or period. Some of my 28mm hedges make good bocage in 15mm scale - but I tend to use whatever looks good on the table.

As a group we seem to be more focused on scenery now than we used to, but it might be because most of us have large figure collections and are now looking for something a bit different.

My mate with the Zombies bought a complete Western Town at a wargames show bring and buy a couple of years ago - he then had to buy a bunch of cowboys and townsfolk and also write a set of rules to use them!!

Amera is light and easy to transport. I think we've got some craters and ruins down the club, if painted well it looks okay. Not sure how it scales with DL though. At that price it might be worth getting a couple of bits to see how it works out. If you are going to dress it with bricks and other details you might well have found a winner.

That's very true ..... but I have plenty of time being retired so it keeps me out of the bars and such (just kidding. It is amazing what you can do with cardboard, fiberboard and a hot glue gun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.