Retired_Admin

May ’13 Release: Chinese Federation, Australians and More!

Got the links to the store pages for them here:

Chinese Battle Group: http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWAL16

Chinese Support Group: http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWAL17

Chinese Fortress Dreadnought: http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWAL18

Australian Battle Group: http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWAL26

(Thinking that posting the pics here might get me in trouble with the mods)

As usual great minis. I especially like the Aussies, with their assault craft. Maybe I'll have some of those as allies to my italians, just to mantain the tradition of naval assault.

The flying chinese fortresses with their Jiu Long Bi generator (without exact hànzì I assume it's 九龙壁 thus Nine Dragon Wall) remind me of old Epic times. Silver Towers of Tzeentch  :wub:

The flying chinese fortresses with their Jiu Long Bi generator (without exact hànzì I assume it's 九龙壁 thus Nine Dragon Wall) remind me of old Epic times. Silver Towers of Tzeentch  :wub:

From what the fluff says - "creating a long wall of energy that stretches from bastion to bastion and shields the fleet behind from danger" - I'm thinking that this generator, combined with the medium bastions, will in effect create a shield wall - any shots passing through it will benefit from shield dice, or loss of AD. If true, that has interesting consequences for this fleet's tactics.

The chinese are looking better and more interesting to me at the moment. Sadly i as a CoA player dont really like the aussies look (maybe itll get better if i see more close up pictures but i guess not.

Now it's time us Aussies show the rest of the world how to fight!

Just as soon as we work out which side we're on.

Looking forward to June!

Surely the idea is that if the Aussies want a decent scrap they can just fight each other

Surely the idea is that if the Aussies want a decent scrap they can just fight each other

They try to avoid that, as it can get...messy. The Free Australian Merc Companies generally focus their attention on Logistics trains for the EotBS and striking at the East India Company and their own Dutch mercs, whilst the Royal Australian Regiments are stationed well away from anywhere the Free Companies are operating.

Wow, just wow.

The Australians have everything I like from the KoB design, without all the bits I don't like. Definitely getting some of those, adding a certain Russian renegade and going all "yohoho" (this kind http://www.youtube [dot] com/watch?v=nzcv5TJkJBA).

As for the Chinese, welp. I went RC for all the tanking, turtling and juggernauting, I can't decently pass on something like that. Plus I love the design, the Dreadnought is bristling with guns and the armored ships look ... armored.

Wow, those Chinese are incredible. They really capture the ancient Chinese styles of architecture and design while at the same time looking a lot more modern and structurally stronger. Add that with their expected playstyle and the fact that they have giant hovering dreadnought fortresses and I'll definitely be picking these guys up, sooner rather than later.

Who knew that when the faction page said that the emperor was modernising the Great Wall he was ripping sections up and adding repulsion engines.

I wonder if the Chinese will be able to take a few Blazing Sun models to represent the Wani division under General Oni who are currently hiding in China, I think.

Who knew that when the faction page said that the emperor was modernising the Great Wall he was ripping sections up and adding repulsion engines.

Just another idea for scenery. Imagine a 1/1200 scale Great Wall with acrylic sheets representing force fields.

The Italians and Australians are great but i feel Spartan really surpassed themselves with the Chinese. The Models are interesting in  type and design and manage to look both ancient (with their 'classic' chinese architecture) and strangely modern as their sloped hulls and angular surfaces look almost stealth like on some ships.

The Flying fortress seems a whole other story on its own, the detail on the superstructure is immense, i shall enjoy painting it greatly though it'll probably take up the same amount of time as painting a fleet.