Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sasori

(OT) Zulus!

Please let me knoe if this breaks the forum rules (I know some companies don't like their forums to be used to show other companies figs).

I had these guys sitting around for a while. They are Reaper minis Zulus (from teh same range as this guy), and they are perfectly in scale for my KoB force. I have now painted them, and based them in the same style as mty army (suggesting a common battle field).

The pics are a little out of date, as after taking them, I saw some bits that needed touching up, and they eyes were painted. I may go back and add some long stalks of Elephant grass to the bases, just to differentiate them from my KoB.

These guys are planned for use in a future scenario, yet to be written (and will likely be joined by numerous brethren). Although steampunk conversions (especially to their recovered rifles) are planned for future minis.

Anyone else feel there's a gap in the market for Steampunk Zulus?

Bigger pics here.

IMG_8960.JPGIMG_8795.JPGIMG_8793.JPG

I'd love to think that there is a market for steampunk Zulus; one doesn't often see the horrible excesses of 19th Century imperialism and the struggle for Africa addressed in the steampunk genre, so it might be interesting to see how Africa is reflected in the Dystopian world. I hadn't even thought of that, but now that you mention it, it's a real gap that could do with being filled.

I think the excesses of the Colonial era are why some steampunk games/minis steer clear of the tribal peoples of the regions (and in Asia too, except for the Chinese of course). It's harder to play when you've upped the scientific ante for the European races (I include the US and Canada in this bracket) so far that the thought of Native peoples being able to compete becomes too much to ask.

I would like to see something of these peoples represented, even if just as Colonial/Auxiliary troops for the current states/factions we have. The historical precedent is there...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.