Sign in to follow this  
Spartan Rules

Planetfall Scenario: 'Breakthrough!'

Alarms suddenly filled the Night Gaunt’s crew cabin. “Enemy contacts times ten!” cried Aesimir, “Enemy target lock attained!”

“Evasive action! Aesimir, lock us on!”

Hey Everyone, 

For those that have not downloaded it yet, here is the new  Planetfall Scenario - "Breakthrough!"

(Chrome users will need to Right Click the link and click on 'Save Link As...' to view the file)

Be sure to upload your Battle Reports!

SpartanAndrew

I have tried this scenario afew times with the curent models and it is a little tricky if you go over your standard number of squads up to the max. Hopefully once all the new models are out the build will be a little easier with more options. In my test plays I used the Dindrenzi on attack and it was not as easy as one might think with many close games.

Looking forward to the new models and updated rules so this game can really click.

With the new models out this scenario was done again with a Terran victory 37 to 20. No pics but here is and idea of the OB. All are full strength squads. 6 terrain pieces on a 4x4 table.

Terran at start. 2 90mm platforms and 2 MBT. Reserves on turn 3 and 5 3 MBT, 2 Bthru tanks and 1 recon squad.

Dindrenzi at start 2 Td squads and 2 Hover tanks, 2 light tanks and 1 storm apc. Reserves on turn 3 and 5 2 hover tanks, 2 heavy hover tanks and 1 storm apc.

while this game really looked grim for the Terrans the first few turns as the Dindrenzi pressed for the bthru the Terran heavy close weapons paid off and the Dindrenzi didn't have all day to sit back and outrange them. Great game and fun and some interesting tactics learned with the light tanks and some hard decisions were made which is why I love this game.

this scenario is on the Studio Sparta Planetfall page and is 50 pts per side. Notice that no inf were present as nobody thought they wanted to fill their mainstay slots with them as there weren't many buildings. Careful placing of RTZ's and the new reserve rules are clever.

Is there any chance to re-make this scenario for new planetfall? Because I don't understand why it's pinned here while it's not usable for the current version. I actually thought you posted new scenario at first.. :unsure:

Guest Delboy

I must confess I didn't know this was even here?!

:blink:...it is a bit out of date....

That said I will ask Spartan HQ to let me have a run at it to bring the mission in line with the new game as I reckon it is still pretty cool. B)

More to follow, :ph34r:

Cheers, d

It would be nice to get some scenarios. I like the standard mode of play quite a bit, but it does get a little stagnant considering the fact that most of the models for the factions haven't been released yet and everyone is basically pushing the same forces around the table each time.