Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dethbidonut

Holy Khaki!

Hi, looking for some feedback on my KoB infantry section - which colour scheme to go for? Reason being is I kinda want a khaki based scheme for an Asian campaign, but i cant tear myself away from the Redcoat either! :o Ive attached a pic of some WIP colour schemes. Any feedback greatly appreciated (except that regarding 'your painting is cr*p :P )

Thank you!

post-1115-0-35122400-1363348633_thumb.jp

Thanks for the views - I was hoping to get that sand blasted white for the pith helmets, the colour seems right but may look better on the tunics. I guess a white helmet with a wash might suffice to contrast?

They will have to have a hint of good British red somewhere so the cuffs are the obvious choice - I was thinking maybe the shoulder pads in red too, but that make make them look like out of work space m*rines... :mellow:

Thanks for the input so far, i think im getting closer to what i envisaged in the first place... Switched the 'khaki' to the lighter less grey shade (originally for the helmets - thank u von Klinkerhoffen) and painted the helmets white to contrast. I think it gives the 'colonial' look i was after without going for the redcoat. Elements of the red can remain on the cuffs, collars etc.

What do you think?

post-1115-0-04413800-1363772610_thumb.jp

Finally found my camera and after the above advice, see pic attached of my British South East Asia force! Bases and small details still need to be done, but quite happy with them as an alternative to the redcoat.

post-1115-0-54013600-1367325628_thumb.pn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.