Sign in to follow this  
emmachine

Coa Tinyflyers Question

Hi Guys,

I'm not an CoA player but I have a question to the CoA Tiny Flyers.

As I remember the Tinyflyers had the ability, that they ignor aborts but were destroyed on a 5 or 6.

Was this ability removed with the latest updates? When not, on what page do I find the rule.

I have the Rulebook 1.0 + Update for 1.1 and the Rulebook 1.1.

regards

Erik "EMMachine"

The ability was included in the Tiny Flyer Rules Update for Version 1.0. And it made the COA Dive Bombers be destroyed on 5,6 results when fired upon while performing an AD attack (i.e. Dive Bombing) instead of destroyed on a 6 and aborted on a 5. This made the Tiny Flyers more vulnerable than the other nations' flyers as the COA lost more dive bombers while the resulting number of aborts may not have aborted or affected another nations' tiny flyers.

Is this still in v1.1? I don't know. It is not mentioned in the 1.1 Rules and there is no new 1.1 COA Rule Booklet to see if it is still in effect.

Hi Guys,

I'm not an CoA player but I have a question to the CoA Tiny Flyers.

As I remember the Tinyflyers had the ability, that they ignor aborts but were destroyed on a 5 or 6.

Was this ability removed with the latest updates? When not, on what page do I find the rule.

I have the Rulebook 1.0 + Update for 1.1 and the Rulebook 1.1.

regards

Erik "EMMachine"

Its been discussed here: http://community.spa...a-dive-bombers/. Seriously, search is nice little tool.

My own view about it is that since the 1.1 rulebook has been released now, that takes precedence over any of the update materials. And that "dont ignore aborts" is not in the 1.1 rulebook, that particular rule is no longer in effect.

I would have to say that yes it is still in effect.

In my experiance with these type of games, you go with the latest relative update or book.

Since the CoA has never been in the main rule book. You need to use the last update.

Again...that rule is no longer even on the downloads page anymore AND the new rule book does have rules for CoA...i.e. Page 82 has the new rules for Inventive scientists. So if its not in the new rule book changing something, then you use the CoA booklet.