MikeSims

April 2013 Release: League of Italian States and More!

Well the Italians pretty much have a full naval fleet.

So with Armoured Clash as the new latest and greatest, I can't see why SG does not include a complete land Italian list.

That just leaves there Air Force, which is used in both rules, so again I can't see why SG does not include a complete air Italian list.

@lord nobody- I haven't read all the recent fluff as much as I want to, but in the original concept fluff, the italians were primarily a naval power with limited land capability. I thought that's why they went from full Great Power status to Alliance nation much like the eventual Ottomans. I suspect they will get pieces for land too, but I don't know if they will get a complete battle group for awhile(eventually I suspect even minor alliance nations will start fielding full forces as more and more models become available).

As for these two sets I love them both and am looking forward to seeing how they play. I absolutely love the tiny boats and I suspect that explains the crane and other features throughout their design. I also can't wait to incorporate the massive AC forces for future games ^_^

any one notice that the Naval battle force has a nation rules sheet and not A5 booklet like the French or Russians?

Thats a good eye there. And I wouldn't expect them to since they are an Alliance nation. That nation rules sheet will probably tell us how the fleet is organized with respect to what can ally with what. I would think some of that may be given to us beforehand so we'll be better informed when we purchase the fleet.

Thats a good eye there. And I wouldn't expect them to since they are an Alliance nation. That nation rules sheet will probably tell us how the fleet is organized with respect to what can ally with what. I would think some of that may be given to us beforehand so we'll be better informed when we purchase the fleet.

Both League of Italian States Boxes will be shipping with an 8-Page Nation Fleet Guide.

What i find VERY cool is that so many peopel love the design. Tastes differ and that's a good thing.

I was wondering what the reactions would be, because i like the design, but it's somehow not really my thing.

But i have that feeling towards some Italian Car Design that i like, but is just not my thing either.

So Spartan got even that right :)

I do LOVE the bombers and the concept of torpedo boats.

And a few models/units as allies for one of my other fleets is a no-brainer...