Sign in to follow this  
Tesla Knight

My KoB Fleet

I've been lurking on all these forums for a while and I thought that I'd better chip in with some pictures finally.

Here are some of my KoB fleet.

I went for the common dispersal style of camo. Fun to paint but god, this scale really shows up how not steady my painting arm is! :)

With the subs I decided to use all the ones in the pack as subs and make my own submerged markers from plasticard with little paperclip cuttings for periscopes. I haven't actually used them in a game yet but hope to soon.

post-2402-0-34520500-1362660311_thumb.jp

post-2402-0-21850300-1362660313_thumb.jp

post-2402-0-38583200-1362660312_thumb.jp

Those templates are awesome, and if I had any talent with acrylic, I'd give them a go myself for my Pesets... :D

And I have to agree with theIronSoldier, that is a very effective dazzle pattern. Did you work from a grey coat with the black lines over it, or the other way around?

Thanks for the coments guys.

I always paint up from a white undercoat so in this case I painted all the metal in a chainmail colour and then gave it a black wash and then redid the white before painting the grey and black lines.

The templates were easy. It was just oblongs of foamed plasticard with a hole drilled in for the paperclip and then the top was given a layer of polyfiller type gunge to create the waves.