Sign in to follow this  
c0rruptd

c0rruptd's Prussians

So after many months of procrastinating, I finally decided I'd get motivated and paint up the Prussian fleet I've been ignoring for the last year or so... After a few weeks, I've managed to make a fair dent in them, so I'll start uploading and displaying them. I'm chasing any comments and criticisim you guys have (constructive only though please, I have house-mates to call names... :P )

So what do you guys think? First up is one of my Reiver's...

K011 Reiver Cruiser

(Also, any tips on getting the images to display larger would be nice, I'm struggling a bit with the interface... :) )

Thanks for all the comments.

And yeh, I realise it' isn't a very original colour scheme, but I really liked it so decided to stick with it. :)

Also, heres a few more I managed to upload this morning. :D

All the Reivers now done.

All three Reivers painted, K011 through to K013. Still naming them though... :P

D105 Emperor Battleship

And my Emperor Battleship, designation D105. Currently unnamed, hasn't earned one yet... :)

Well, I've left this quite for way too long, so time to do some catchup! :D

First up, my brand spanking new Uhlan squadron!

Prussian%20Uhlans.jpg

Next up, an older photo I had laying around, my Sturmbringer!

Really need to get this guy out a bit more often, but he's struggling for points with the Elbe, the Kaiser Karl and the Emperor at the moment... :P

Prussian%20Sturmbringer.jpg

And finally for tonight, at least till I can find some more, is the Konigsberg. :)

Prussian%20Konigsberg.jpg

what is your method on the decking? I've been priming mine black and painting each individual board to leave the black between boards. yours is the first I've seen I like that is just painting the entire deck that I like. please if you don't mind outline your colors and method if you would be so kind.

what is your method on the decking? I've been priming mine black and painting each individual board to leave the black between boards. yours is the first I've seen I like that is just painting the entire deck that I like. please if you don't mind outline your colors and method if you would be so kind.

This is akin to priming black and then painting white coats over a model! Get some mixing medium+flow improved (dishwashing liquid), water and paint to make a wash, or just buy devlan mud/ agrax earthshade/ equivalents. Washes in general are awesome time savers.

Love it, Reese. What colors did you use? What's your process? I love the water, too, btw.

Sorry Thorn, been trying to reply, but between computer deaths and the forums resetting, I seem destined to not be able to. :P

The colours are generally variable, as I've changed and evolved the painting method over time (might be able to tell the difference between the Konigsberg and the new Uhlans), but I'm happy to give you the jist of what I did. Its super simple. :P

The decking is literally just a layer of beige or cream paint, then a layer of brown wash. Don't even have to be subtle on the cream, just slosh it on, then let the wash do all the hard work a bit later on. If you'd like, I can take some photos of what it looks like pre-wash?