Retired_Admin

Official Kurak Alliance Thread: Veydreth

In the first list, which I generally like the look of, I'd seriously consider squeezing in HE Beams on the Destroyers, since they're your principal means for crew depletion in a boarding-heavy fleet. Having just the 4 activations at 800 makes me nervous, but I think that's almost unavoidable with Veydreth and their "expensive" squadrons, coming from a Directorate POV.

In the second, I'm dubious about the value of an understrength Heavy Cruiser squadron where you're going to need them to do a lot of the heavy lifting. In Turn 1 while the Gunships sit in Ambush and Destroyers are benefiting from Stealth Systems, I think it may make them a little too vulnerable.

So, editing to make my post more useful, maybe:

Tier 1 - Predator Battleship [Hardpoints +4 AP; Upgrades - High Energy Beams, Second Assault] = 215 pts

Tier 2 - 3 Stalker Assault Cruisers [upgrade - Second Assault] = 210 pts

Tier 2 - 3 Savage Destroyers [upgrade - High Energy Beams] = 225 pts

Tier 3 - 5 Reaver Corvettes [upgrade - 3 MN] = 150 pts

Total: 800 points [Core idea: maximise AP and Second Assault, as well as Decrewing potential to assist the previous. Downsides: No Ambush :sadface:, weaker mines on the BB]

My own list is pretty similar, except that I do replace the Stalkers by Terquais Assault cruisers with special forces. Also, Iam not sure about the investment in Mines for the Reavers. I usually prefer to spend the points on adding mines to the Battleship (since it has the double mine options) and launch tubes on the Assault cruisers.

Tier 1 - Predator Battleship with +4 AP, +2 MN; HE and second assault - 225pts

Tier 2 - 3 Terquai Assault Cruisers with launch tubes and special forces - 225pts

Tier 2 - 3 Savage Destroyers with HE - 225pts

Tier 3 - 5 Reavers Corvettes - 125pts (shunt)

So...I made a Youtube channel and finally shot a video for the patrol fleet unboxing. I'll probably do the gunships and cruisers as well and then a showcase video once I get them painted. Let me know what you think. Its my first unboxing video and first Youtube video.

http://youtu.be/AN7G6qKDtgY?list=UUjYiSpbqQf3-lQoY0tQRqww

Thanks for the video. Initially, I didn't like the direction they went when fleshing out the Veydreth with a complete model line. But vicariously seeing it in person... Those ships look pretty cool. When you mentioned how the cruisers looked like dragon heads, I immediately imagined painting them to look like Smaug from the movies.

Initially, I didn't like the direction they went when fleshing out the Veydreth with a complete model line. But vicariously seeing it in person... <> I immediately imagined painting them to look like Smaug from the movies.

I was thinking the same way, though with an Iron Man-esque colour palette... 

Just checked out both of your videos. Nice unboxing!

I'm impressed with the Veydreth. I wasn't a huge fan of the new Veydreth when I first saw them, but as Northerdragons said - those are beefy! Look like they will be a ton of fun to paint. You've changed my opinion of them big time :)

Those ******* fore "arms" though... *reglues yet another*

I find that scoring both surfaces before I glue them together yields a tougher bond.  Works with both resin to resin and resin to pewter.  Just use your hobby knife and do a cross hatch on both sides you want to glue.

Great video D6!  The cruisers look very impressive, though a pile of parts to assemble.