Retired_Admin

Official Kurak Alliance Thread: Veydreth

Triangles' almost as scifi as hexagons after all! And hegaxons are iFuture(TM,C, habeas corpus and habemus papam) as we all know. In all seriousness, I dont mind them, but some more variation in general would be nice. Also, it seems like Spikey's only down for maintenance?

Triangles' almost as scifi as hexagons after all! And hegaxons are iFuture(TM,C, habeas corpus and habemus papam) as we all know. In all seriousness, I dont mind them, but some more variation in general would be nice. Also, it seems like Spikey's only down for maintenance?

Yea..or atleast restrict the triangles to a faction..it's become like some weird easter egg.  :huh: 

I going to have to agree that someone's got a very weird fascination with the shape.

Got an e-mail from them saying and I'll quote: 

"Dear Valued Spikey Bits Customer,

Thank you for your recent order with us.
Unfortunately we have decided to shut down mail order operations as of October 1st.

So with that being said we will have to refund you for you orders entirely.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

I agree some variation would be nice, maybe large or small triangles or slip in a couple of isosceles triangles.  I do like the look of the new ships, especially the corvettes, like a baby destroyer ready to bite your ankles.

thewarstore.com still has pre-orders for all the Veydreth boxes. I've ordered a lot from them in the past, and they are a reliable store with good discounts. Although they do say release date Sept. so I'm wondering if the Veydreth are being delayed?

thewarstore.com still has pre-orders for all the Veydreth boxes. I've ordered a lot from them in the past, and they are a reliable store with good discounts. Although they do say release date Sept. so I'm wondering if the Veydreth are being delayed?

That's actually where my partner and her mother are order the Veydreth for my birthday from.  I just want an extra patrol box for the corvettes and destroyers.  I'm wondering if it's just a distribution snag. b/c if they had them on hand and failed to update their webstore... that's just poor business.

Hello L.T.N.S. (long time no see) been busy with that wretched thing called life. now that I have caught up on months of posts.. I will add my 2 pennies worth.. 

I have it on good rumour/word of txting and the word from a friend, that they have been back logged with orders and production of there stuff...

However they are a smaller company than should we say; "that overly priced company that used to be fun, yet have been trying to copy-write almost every word in the English language.. except funnily enough not the word "THE" ... hmm". But hay there new models look great and I cant wait to have the money to spend on the hobby once again.

Excuse spelling but can not be bothered to cross check?

I'm waiting to see them available here in the USA before I order.

Me too. I think Spartan's focus is on Planetfall right now. Hopefully, these models will get to the distributors soon!

I am also really curious to see the studio paint scheme for these models.

Me too. I think Spartan's focus is on Planetfall right now. Hopefully, these models will get to the distributors soon!

I am also really curious to see the studio paint scheme for these models.

This is good news then, The Warstore finally got their shipment in and FRP Games has them in limited quantities.

http://www.thewarstore.com/index.html?p=2638

That's the Warstore's blog post with the picture.

Got my Veydreth in the mail and am now looking at putting together some Patrol fleet sized lists as I paint and magnetize my cruisers.

List 1 has a combined arms approach with a heavier investment in assault. List 2 is heavier on mines. They both come to 795 points exactly. As I am new to FA, criticism and feedback appreciated:

LIST #1

1 PREDATOR BATTLESHIP

-   +4 AP

-   +2MN

-   Second Assault

-   High Energy Beams

3 STALKER ASSAULT CRUISERS

-   Second Assault

3 SAVAGE DESTROYERS

-   Ambush

4 REAVER CORVETTES

-   +3MN

LIST #2

3 ONSLAUGHT GUNSHIPS

-   Ambush

2 CARNIVORE HEAVY CRUISERS

-   Bigger Batteries

3 SAVAGE DESTROYERS

5 REAVER CORVETTES 

-   +3MN

In the first list, which I generally like the look of, I'd seriously consider squeezing in HE Beams on the Destroyers, since they're your principal means for crew depletion in a boarding-heavy fleet. Having just the 4 activations at 800 makes me nervous, but I think that's almost unavoidable with Veydreth and their "expensive" squadrons, coming from a Directorate POV.

In the second, I'm dubious about the value of an understrength Heavy Cruiser squadron where you're going to need them to do a lot of the heavy lifting. In Turn 1 while the Gunships sit in Ambush and Destroyers are benefiting from Stealth Systems, I think it may make them a little too vulnerable.

So, editing to make my post more useful, maybe:

Tier 1 - Predator Battleship [Hardpoints +4 AP; Upgrades - High Energy Beams, Second Assault] = 215 pts

Tier 2 - 3 Stalker Assault Cruisers [upgrade - Second Assault] = 210 pts

Tier 2 - 3 Savage Destroyers [upgrade - High Energy Beams] = 225 pts

Tier 3 - 5 Reaver Corvettes [upgrade - 3 MN] = 150 pts

Total: 800 points [Core idea: maximise AP and Second Assault, as well as Decrewing potential to assist the previous. Downsides: No Ambush :sadface:, weaker mines on the BB]