darkjedi203

Official Thread: Britannian Raj

Spartan Facebook :)

I've decided I like the concept, not the execution: If they had extended the camo onto the pontoons (and perhaps even the above-deck curved surface near the smokestacks) it would have been more cohesive. As is it looks to me like someone's kid got to them with a box of crayons :)

That colour scheme is actually growing on me, even if it is like 7 sorts of crazy. :P

I've already decided on my scheme though (a faded, rusted version of my KoB scheme) for my Raj Naval, but I might just keep the scheme for the Raj Armoured... ;)

That colour scheme is horrific.

Perhaps causing such emotions is intentional? If your gunners drop their jaws and feel the need to comment on the camouflage instead of aiming and firing their guns, the scheme actually works.

Oh, and have you ever tried aiming at a moving target while laughing uncontrollably?

I would like to hear from those that playtested the Antakya, 330 is a lot of points compared to the Kursk. Obviously there are some clear differences. the Kursk can still link 6 weapons together which is like 30 odd dice something like that. I wonder if the turrets are missing piercing? all the other heavy turrets do. Apart from that love the raj stuff, cant wait to try them out.

Well, i just looked at their rules and i am confused. The Antaka doesn't make any sense at all, it is slow, its huge mortar cannot shoot at RB1 and his aggressive crew? There is no way to ever board a unit, cuz enemies will just try to stay out of the boarding range of the Antaka and after it moved move in and board it.

It is just a confusing thing, this faction. Can someone explain to me how they are soupposed to work?

I only just spotted from these comments that my big post about the Antakya got lost in the Pathogen attack!

Having done a fair bit of testing on the Raj land stuff I find the Antakya to be pretty darn good. While it is pricier than the Russian Kursk it is a lot more durable with 25% more hit points, more AA and CC and a guardian gen (as opposed to ablative which falls off). While the Antakya cannot quite match the big AD linked attack it is more focussed on getting several pretty good attacks which are a lot more dependable due to Redoubtable on all weapons.

I can’t comment specifically on the lack of Piercing on the turrets. We play tested a few different turret configurations and the final version is the best for game-play of those.

I find it a bit weird to call it slow as it is the same speed as all the other land ships out there.

The other thing that I cannot talk up enough about the Antakya is the Assault Infantry support. 12 AP of reckless troops with sustained assault 2 is pretty darn good! Keep them close to the Antakya (for guardian gen) and then pounce, potentially pulling off a one – two boarding punch between them. Then the Antakya’s attached Tarakee light tanks re-crew it!

My Raj naval boxed set arrived today and one of the resin objective markers was included. Is this a mistake or part of the fleet?

It seems all the new boxes include one. My CoA box arrived today and had one, our RC player also got one. It's also listed in the contents of the CoA box, don't know about the others.

Yeah, all Battle Group Boxes include a random objective marker.

Are you sure it is random?

Perhaps it could even be the same Marker in the same boxes , but you won't know which one is in your box. But I thought I got 2 different Marker when I had opened 2 Naval Battle Groups of Indian Raj (I had a cube in one naval box and another one in the other).

OK, thanks for the replies. I wonder why Spartan would do that without making the objective cards available separately ?

Perhaps because you need D6 Marker in a game with 1500 points or less or even 2D6 + 3 Markers if you play over 3000 Points. Your Group has to buy 6 boxes, so one game could get the full amount of objective markers or you could buy the markerset with the cards and get 8 marker at once and all marker are different.

My Raj naval boxed set arrived today and one of the resin objective markers was included. Is this a mistake or part of the fleet?

I have 7 or 8 of the new starter boxes and they all come with an objective marker. I think it is a different one for each faction but haven't really gone through to compare.

The 6 different boxes I picked up in my annual "big order" came with random objectives. We ended up with 2×radio transmitter observatory, 2×gravity nullification engine, 1×electrical substation, 1×allspark cube. The GNEs came in the FSA and EoBS land boxes, and the rest came in different naval boxes

Um, I have an question - Ajagava heavy Bombard have the Concussive Munition on it's super canon, it's a misprint? Shouldn't she have a Devastation Munition as her sea counterparts, or not? 

I bought the Naval box today and I like the models a lot. Except for the metal parts. Fortunately, there are not many of those there, nevertheless, if the shields can be made of resin, why can't the turrets and the carrier's big gun?

Right,

Played my first game against a mix fleet of Raj and Britannia stuff, as a disclaimer we play at Higher points levels of 1600 so often get more ships on the board. however I can honestly say without doubt these guys are the greatest SOB fleet around. Now I dont want this to come off as a whinge, just more of a shared experience of how the Raj Can be a seriously broken fleet if abused.

Firstly my opponent took two Jhasa's and 5 Canda's ( yeah hes a git ) so for that he gets 16 activations combined with a Majesty a Majestic and some small subs.

I lined up with my EOTBS which never performs poorly. We had a few Islands, mostly towards a corner and centre.

Now here is my main Gripe about the Entire fleet, how do you fight something you cant see? With Island cover and 7 Spotter planes targeting 1 ship at a time then launching Devastating Bombard shots Indirectly at you from behind an Island how do you fight it.....answer is by moving closer, but wait, they get loads more shots, So what we have now is the Hide and seek Tactics, Ill play a 4 hour game by just putting markers on my ships and rolling minimal dice for shields, hardly a fun game.

Now it can be said that its my opponent bending the system, but look at things closely and its more tales of woe.

Jhasa - 175 for a huge bombard and a 12 troop reinforcement - WOW just WOW, I mean think about it, it should on paper crit most mediums every shot, but the best thing is it can just follow your boarding monster of a Heavy battleship then re-crew it once some of them die! and 12 AP is way over the top.

Canda - 100 points for battlecruiser stats and a battleship long tom , and look another scout plane.

I might be missing something really obvious, but I cant see many weaknesses, good at boarding, numbers, shields, huge pools of activations

Someone please explain why these guys are well balanced?