darkjedi203

Official Thread: Britannian Raj

Presidente must own IR to not call something OP :D . I have yet to win a naval game against them but their land forces do need a bit of tweeking. The land dread shouldn't be 330.

Lol. Most amusing. Sadly he doesn't....but not through lack of trying from the rest of us! Anything to see his KoB back on the table....

Two games with them so far.  The only two changes that really matter are to the Canda and the Indus.  The Canda losing it's zero movement makes sniping more difficult.  The Indus actually went from underwhelming and never used to downright mean.  It could have easily done with 1-2 less boosts and still make out well.

Running two corvettes with the HBB makes for a decent broadside and added boarding threat though it is sad that "All Hands Forward" only affects the commodores model and not the entire squad.

I have not bothered to run them but being able to lend-lease in the Halifax and friends squad is a great option.

Running two corvettes with the HBB makes for a decent broadside and added boarding threat though it is sad that "All Hands Forward" only affects the commodores model and not the entire squad.

As far as I can see, you can't attach corvettes to the Chanura (or anything else).

With a time flow gen the Chenab squadron can move up to 11 and 18 inches in one turn.  If the Chanura is your commodore it has a potential boarding threat of 19 inches and two height bands.  If all three ships land marines that is also a total of 5 terror dice.

So far the squadron has eaten an undamaged FSA HBB.  I expect this list to grow.

In the 1250 list I have been using this squadron has been tailed by three merchant repair cruisers from the operational orbat.  I am still not comfortable running larges without shields.  Spent too long with only Britannia.

Could I just get a wee bit of fwed back on this potential Indian list:

1x Chanura HBS w/ shields

1x Chenab squadron

1x Jhasa w/ Howizer

1× Eagle or Illustrious  (not sure yet, bit will be commodore)

3x Devaks

1x Monitor w/ attached Orion support carrier

3x Industry

5x Veer an

Comes to 1500 on the nose

I like the list except for your medium selection.  I would drop the first Chanura and fiddle points for a second squad of Devaks.  These guys should be a workhorse of the fleet but at 1500 points one squad just won't be enough. 

Also I would move the Apollo support carrier over to the Devak squad.  It will be of more use in a front line squad then hanging back with the artillery.  You can't combine Squadron Support SAS with Carrier SAS so your are not really gaining anything with him being there.

On 16/09/2016 at 4:39 PM, Veldrain said:

I like the list except for your medium selection.  I would drop the first Chanura and fiddle points for a second squad of Devaks.  These guys should be a workhorse of the fleet but at 1500 points one squad just won't be enough. 

Also I would move the Apollo support carrier over to the Devak squad.  It will be of more use in a front line squad then hanging back with the artillery.  You can't combine Squadron Support SAS with Carrier SAS so your are not really gaining anything with him being there.

Just to touch on the attachment options for a Canda monitor... What do you lot think about an attached merchantman Q-ship with fore and aft turrets?

It would be nice to supplement the Canda broadsides for a bit more oompf and can obscure it's profile with a medium Hull. 

Terrible idea? Or no