darkjedi203

Official Thread: Britannian Raj

Anyone else frustrated by the puny size of the howitzer on the Jhasa when it has the same stats as the one on the Canda?

Well I`ve ordered a few spares and am going to try modifying it. If you`re gonna lob devastating munitions into RB4 you should at least look the part.

I`ll post a pic here when its done.

Cheers

PB

There are two options for the Carrier - With the Cannon, or with the Generator. 

In either case the item is mounted forward on the bridge deck - suspended over the main hull 

(I actually bought a second bridge deck - assembled one with gun, one with generator, magnetized both.  Now I can swap as necessary)

There are two options for the Carrier - With the Cannon, or with the Generator. 

In either case the item is mounted forward on the bridge deck - suspended over the main hull 

(I actually bought a second bridge deck - assembled one with gun, one with generator, magnetized both.  Now I can swap as necessary)

As is my plan. I`ll remove the old puny howitzer from my current bridge deck and replace that with the generator then magnetize both bridge decks.

Must remember to get the magnets the right way round-they`re a pain to get out the holes if you dont.

Cheers

PB

As is my plan. I`ll remove the old puny howitzer from my current bridge deck and replace that with the generator then magnetize both bridge decks.

Must remember to get the magnets the right way round-they`re a pain to get out the holes if you dont.

Cheers

PB

To be fair, I drilled 4 holes in the supports, put magnets there - then took 8 smal pieces of metal (hole-punch taken to a tin can lid, resultant metal circle cut in half) and glued 4 to the corners of each bridge.  Almost as secure, and no polarity issues. 

How are people painting up their indians?

I took a heavy dose of influence from http://fullsd.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/painting-raj.html (Big Mac's guide) and used the same colours except I stopped after quickshading the models, I currently have a Majesy coming in the mail I plan to paint up in my Indian colours and replace the turrets for an indian naval dread for casual play with friends. (with their permission ofc :P)

7qdFrHb.jpg

You can still take them as allies if your opponent agrees.

Yes, but not as Close Allies, limiting their options and making their SAS KoB. And quite a few tournaments here ban Allies.

@ZeroOne - Pity the IR ORBAT dies not include the Halifax. I would probably then buy the box just for my IR fleet.

Das okay, It's treat in the same way my Majesty is when it gets here, I only play with friends in a casual setting and with some fluff scenarios. I have literally zero interest in tournaments for my first navy. Maybe later I will consider that, but not now. :)

Just bought the IR Naval Box, and then scored an old Hawk Scout Rotor blister for them, to use as extra spotters.  I'm hell-keen to amp up the artillery aspect of the Raj, cause nothing makes me giggle better than to make sh*t go BOOM!, even if I'm dying in the attempt (old WH Fantasy Gobbo player here...), but I don't want to get accused of being "That Guy" who's maxed out the Canda's, etc.

So, can I ask you guys:

• How many Candas / artillery-Jhasas / Oz Victorias(?) do you reckon we IR players can get away with before having terrain pieces hurled at us? What's your feeling after playing with them for a bit? Say, for a 1250 pt fleet, and for a 2000 pt fleet.
  • What are some other / better ways to get more Spotters into the fleet?

Thanks!

I wouldn't necessarily think you would ever become 'that guy' if you were using IR, particularly if you were fighting one of the major powers. The bombards are nice but certainly not a game breaker. You have to remember that captured they're worth 225 each. In a 1250 game your opponent would just have to capture 3 to get 50%+ vp's. I do like the look and composition of the raj but at present I certainly wouldn't be quaking in my boots across the table from it on a normal basis. The canda's coming with their own spotter is a nice touch. Your limited to sas other than that though, apart from the hawk unit. Do you have access to mercs or KoB? That's the other way to get access to spotters I guess. I would say you could put 3 Canda's down in a 1250 game and nobody would think it out of place. When I'm using my Italians I've got options of putting 3 minervas down which are a lot more powerful than a canda lol. Guess it just depends on your local meta

It's a very good point that the VP value of the Candas can become quite high.  I'll have to play with the basic box first to see how it all goes anyway, before investing cash in any extras from the Parts Store.  

As for my local "meta", that'd be the one other dude I know of in a 40 km radius of where I live, who plays the old v1.0 Russian Naval Battle Group box  :-(  Yup - I'm not spoiled for choice as far as opponents go, down here.  Although, there IS a mad keen group of 8 or so players in the South Island - about 1300 km away...

Actually, that's a bit of an exaggeration.  There's apparently quite a few people in pockets around NZ who've got DW, but who've hardly ever played it, especially since v2.0 came out.  So, it's more a case of me finding them, and getting them excited about it again.  No worries  ;-)

Hi guys. :)

I ended up getting a box of India Raj as like the look of the ships and was wondering what they were like?

Um.. How well do they work with Britania's? My cousin got a British fleet. :)

Shaun