spooker

Official Thread: Prussian Scandinavia

I know exactly where im at.....what your basically after is naval forces for a faction smaller than mercs.

what im saying is it is virtually pointless to create another faction so similar to the Prussians or Danish, which lets face it, would have to be as the TO has Neither the funding or resources.

Granted it may not be what TO players want to hear, but some harsh truths must be said now and again....TO are a virtually non existing entity in the game on the whole. Ever since Spartan started posting again ive seen countless things about, will TO get this or will TO have that....

I will stress again, id rather see investment in actual large world nations then see Professor peach and his knights of neeeee get an utterly pointless naval fleet

I know exactly where im at.....what your basically after is naval forces for a faction smaller than mercs.

what im saying is it is virtually pointless to create another faction so similar to the Prussians or Danish, which lets face it, would have to be as the TO has Neither the funding or resources.

Granted it may not be what TO players want to hear, but some harsh truths must be said now and again....TO are a virtually non existing entity in the game on the whole. Ever since Spartan started posting again ive seen countless things about, will TO get this or will TO have that....

I will stress again, id rather see investment in actual large world nations then see Professor peach and his knights of neeeee get an utterly pointless naval fleet

Sigh, no worries I know you are just stating the harsh truth. Even though it's not really what we want to hear. Still.... We can always hope....

And spam it in every single thread Giles mentions the word "update".

Nah, not really. I do that from time to time even without Giles posting the word update. Bad habit of mine that needs to be controlled.

Anyway I think I said it somewhere in the forums previously, but if you don't mind I shall state it here again.

Based on the low number of pages on this thread, and the time since it was made. I will like to draw an assumption that the TO following isn't very great. I think one of the reasons for that is that the TO is mainly a land based faction, and the main draw for DW are massive naval battles. The special units of this order are all land based (Metzger is shared with PE) and thus you can't really use them in naval games.

I think this might be one of the main reasons why the TO has such a small following. So hopefully letting them have a naval force, or giving the robots ability to fight in sea (unlikely, it goes against the fluff) might help them somewhat.

Anyway this is just my 2 cents, feel free to correct/discuss this with me. =)

...TO are basically 12 guys and a pet rabbit compared to other nation.s...

Professor peach and his knights of neeeee

First off @thyphs your making me laugh super hard with these - also I kinda wish that if Spartan adds more fluff that there is a Dr. Pfirsich (Peach in German) of the T.O. who has a pet rabbit - just for the kicks.

----

Onto the Serious discussion - I think to allow the T.O. to have more units there are two routes that they can go.

1st route being the "augmented" models - variant weapon systems for existing models - of which there have been several noted in this thread.

2nd route being the new & shiny models - Flying robots, borrowing robots, hovering robots - etc etc.

I personally am more interested in the later choice, with a minor exception of some different Schildtrager variants - especially in the medium and small/tiny portions of the T.O. - I am ATM their bread & butter is that they are a small elite "assassination" squad effectively, in the overall battle - wherever the T.O. go, ruin follows.  Whether that means that they are used to stem the tide and stop the Russians from breaking through, or having them assault a key area.

----

Fluff wise I really REALLY want to see the T.O. liberate Konigsburg from it's 4-ish year siege, and simultaneously assault St. Petersburg.

i think they were going to have Ausf-A and Ausf-B Faust robots at one time during their original planning. look at the models. there are 4 different bodies. 2 have some sort of gun-arm, and the other 2 have paired fists.

That would be very cool indeed! Imagine the aufseher dropping robots down the sea, and said robots tear down enemy ships ( for the Faust)

Or diving schildtrangers!

Here's an idea.

What about giving the Aufseher the option to have Carrier 6 or 9?

I painted up one of my Gewitterwolkes red and dubbed it the Red Baron. Its supposed to be the real Barons' Grandfather.

As such I was thinking of what would make such a character stand out stat wise, when the image of planes being slung shot out of the side of a Gewitterwolke came to me.

The Aufseher would be a better fit for this though with the huge side doors and the bomb bay doors on the bottom could be the landing deck

Not the point I was making. And that wouldn't help the STO SAS. The imperium would be able to service the 6 tokens it brings. Defeats the purpose of bringing it.

I was actually suggesting giving the Aufseher the option to be used as a Carrier instead of a troop transporter.

Much like the Zhanmadao, where it can replace its carrier capacity with combat deployment, the Aufseher would replace combat deployment with the Carrier capacity.

Would give players more reason to take them, and allows STO players to replace losses to SAS.

Making the Aufseher a carrier...

It's an interesting Idea.

I like it, I think it would give the T.O. some added flexibility - I think it would be really cool if their Fighters got the Heavy Ack Ack (or Sustained Fire)  MAR like the Russians; more to show that they are excellent pilots rather than the "lots of dakka" approach.

Personally, I would prefer that the Teutonic Order get fully integrated into the Prussian Empire Orbat. They don't play any differently to the Prussians in any way and only have four special units that the Prussians do not have any access to. The rest is made up of standard Prussian units and the two biggest models the Teutonic Order has, the Prussians already have access to. Which defeats the purpose of their existence.

The Teutonic Order, other than in the fluff, has lost any relevance to the game it had once the Hochmeister was given to both them and the Prussian Empire.

Something has to give, and since its apparently a "bad idea" to remove the Dreadbot and Metzger from the Prussian Empire Orbat, the next best thing is to just fold the Teutonic Order into the Prussian Empire like the Belgians were folded into the French Orbat.

11 hours ago, Merlin said:

... like the Belgians were folded into the French Orbat.

I'll admit, my first thought was, "and look how well-received that was!", but the more I think about it, the more I think this is a different (and better) situation.

With Belgium, people were unhappy about the loss of the Brittanian-aligned Royalists; there is no similar situation for the STO. As you point out, the STO is already very close to standard Prussians, especially since they are a Close Ally. I don't think any existing lists would be invalidated. There is also already background justification - the Full Cooperation Pact mentioned in the Hochmeister fluff.

I think the only mechanical effect would be the loss of the STO Commodore Doctrines, and that could be easily preserved by simply introducing alternative Commodores. It wouldn't even need to be a character or anything - you'd choose, at list construction, between a Prussian or Teutonic Commodore. Other nations could have similar options. Certainly both Brittania and the Blazing Sun would appreciate alternative Doctrines!