We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

Toolman

Official Thread: Kingdom Of Denmark

On 08/12/2016 at 2:10 PM, slimeball said:

I have seen some love lately for the Danish fafnir, on paper it doesn't look all that great to me. A 4/6 unshielded cruiser hull reminds me a lot of my french light aircraft or light cruisers which usually don't survive a stiff breeze. they have a lot of toys, but 100pts a pop seems like handing the enemy easy VP

Flanking force.

Even advanced force, if you get the first activation in, you're smiling.

Hell, even normal deployment. I've had many a critical hit caused from RB3 (a fair few of them while obscured to boot) thanks to these guys. They are lethal, even for a weak hulled model, but 5+ to hit it when its in the clouds is usually more than enough to make up for it.....in my book at least.

Being a Dane im always curious how my alternative timeline brethren are doing. Thus i have a few questions for you Dystopian Danes.

I was reading up on danish fluff and came upon a discrepancy. In the newest fluff PDF i can find Christian IX is implied to be the current king in Denmark, but in the player driven wiki a guy called Erik Mecklenburg was mentioned as the current king. Do you guys know which is more "cannon"? 

On the gameplay side of things: How are the danish fleet holding up? What does it play like? I usually play FA so any comparisons to FA is most welcome. 

I also find it funny that Denmark actually "won" our ancient struggle with the Swedes simply by not getting annexed by Prussia.

13 minutes ago, Fluffhunter said:

I was reading up on danish fluff and came upon a discrepancy. In the newest fluff PDF i can find Christian IX is implied to be the current king in Denmark, but in the player driven wiki a guy called Erik Mecklenburg was mentioned as the current king. Do you guys know which is more "cannon"?

As the wiki is seldom updated, assume recent official Spartan documents are the correct one.

On 14/12/2016 at 10:41 PM, Fluffhunter said:

Being a Dane im always curious how my alternative timeline brethren are doing. Thus i have a few questions for you Dystopian Danes.

On the gameplay side of things: How are the danish fleet holding up? What does it play like? I usually play FA so any comparisons to FA is most welcome. 

I also find it funny that Denmark actually "won" our ancient struggle with the Swedes simply by not getting annexed by Prussia.

I only recent bought the Danish and I have to say they trounced the FSA on two occasions, getting up close and causing problems.

However against the Russians they fared far worse.

I like the Danish, am keen to see them expanded.

18 minutes ago, richomack88 said:

I only recent bought the Danish and I have to say they trounced the FSA on two occasions, getting up close and causing problems.

However against the Russians they fared far worse.

I like the Danish, am keen to see them expanded.

Well remeber that somewhere menationed while back, they hinted at getting a Dreadnought? rest dont know, but would be nice to be Danish replacements for Lend leash models that also be tempting to Prussians.. hue hue.

Well it stems from Denmark players wanting something to put their commodore on that wasn't  ragnarok or lend lease Prussian battleship. This was um.. before the large assault carrier Rich. *nods*

Oh would love fast dreadnought, based off the carriers hull. Heh~ :D

used the Fafnir for the first time, lovely ship, can definately see the potential, however I failed in their luck this games.

rolled a 17+17 attack , got no damage on a FSA cruiser, next turn 15+15, single crit in the cruiser, then had my marines wiped out assaulting a separate cruiser

On 20/02/2017 at 6:17 PM, Hubcap said:

@Sailion about the dreadnought rumors that was a my bad :D. A while back I ranted about my love for a dreadnought or heavy battleship with 4 turrets so the Danes could get a decent damage soaker. Then they came out with the Asgard and i was pretty happy (though I have though about modifying an Asgard and turning it into a Dreadnought).

heh, sorry for the late reply as dont check forums much. >_<

Um, yush! well thats okay Hubcap. :) Interested to see if Danes get anything else in the their line up, would like to see a modify Asgard. :D

I have my first game with my Danish fleet coming up this weekend, and have a potentially stupid question. The naval battle group comes with 12 SAS tokens for local air support: I remember that the Danes have at some point had 12 tokens for local support, but I can't find anything in their orbat about that. Am I missing something or has that rule been removed?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Whyarecarrots said:

I have my first game with my Danish fleet coming up this weekend, and have a potentially stupid question. The naval battle group comes with 12 SAS tokens for local air support: I remember that the Danes have at some point had 12 tokens for local support, but I can't find anything in their orbat about that. Am I missing something or has that rule been removed?

Thanks!

They changed the amount of Local Air Support planes when the fleet gained a Carrier