Toolman

Official Thread: Kingdom Of Denmark

Am I the only one that's excited about these guys? I play Prussians and really want to add them as allies as the Prussians have no solid naval mine layers. I also love that their other specialty is UPC generator and boarding. The ships look great and should play extremely well in tight corridors. Hopefully this will start the discussions on these little know members of the DW universe.

Toolman bringing up mine laying is a good subject for discussion since minewarfare was not uncommon in this era in our timeline and in DW we could expect a few twists on it as well. I foresee one nation ( perhaps KoB) using robotic mines that actually move to hunt down targets being more mobile than the "magnetic" mines that are used by the KoB Hawk. The fact that the Danes have a ship that is fast enough to deliver the mines in a timely manner ( gamewise) is another tactical area added to the game and thus more fun!

In general I'm excited about the Danes adding more for the Imperial Bond alliance. I would have preferred to see the Dutch Navy make an appearence. The game is still young perhaps we will see them in the future as well.

I'm a naval type of guy, and much as the new Land allied stuff looks great, it's the Danish Navy that has really grabbed my interest. Especially that gunship with the UPG. It looks beautiful and I reckon it'll be damn good on the table as well. I think that the Danes can ally with the Blazing Sun, actually, and if they can I'll definitely be taking a squadron of them to add to my Blazing Sun fleet.

I expect that the ships will be better than anything else at their cost.

How do I know this? Simple. I zm expecting the musical dictum to be followed.

"There is nothing like a Dane..."

I expect that the ships will be better than anything else at their cost.

How do I know this? Simple. I zm expecting the musical dictum to be followed.

"There is nothing like a Dane..."

I highly doubt they will be broken by default...

The ships themselves are basically the Hussar and Saxony with a few tweaks - the big thing is their Sturginium Mines, which gives their mines some much-needed oomph.

The pure Danish fleet is much like the other Allied fleets - have to go heavy in the mediums, but at least the Gunship is an interesting option to take.

consider the upg on a 85 pts model supporting a 100 pts squadron of 4 PE frigates... on a 4+ you take away his AA, on a 6+ to kill 1+1D3 AP on top of that... Few ships in the game can sustain such a boarding threat... That is the real strenght of it... It's weakness is like the hussar it's DR4 CR6 and it has 4 AP instead of 5...

So the Danish AC is a Hussar with UPG and Powerful mines for roughly the same cost?

Sounds sick

Dont really find it's weapon swaps that sick, it's a turret for a UPG and a tesla Gen for mines (4) with sturginium mar. So the only real "free" thing is it's sharp turn.

consider the upg on a 85 pts model supporting a 100 pts squadron of 4 PE frigates... on a 4+ you take away his AA, on a 6+ to kill 1+1D3 AP on top of that... Few ships in the game can sustain such a boarding threat... That is the real strenght of it... It's weakness is like the hussar it's DR4 CR6 and it has 4 AP instead of 5...

Dont really find it's weapon swaps that sick, it's a turret for a UPG and a tesla Gen for mines (4) with sturginium mar. So the only real "free" thing is it's sharp turn.

They never had a tesla generator? Broadsides that seldom killed anything due to their low AD...no generator...you must be thinking of the gunship.

Actually, i have no idea what you are talking about. Care to enlighten me?

The Rogers and Hammerstein musical, "South Pacific" - based on James Michener's "Tales of the South Pacific" deals with U.S personnel among the South Pacific Islands in WW II. One such song is one where the Sailors and SeaBees sing about the attractions of their island - perfect but for its lack of one thing - Women. This song - the opening number in the 2001 movie, and the second in the 1958 movie - is entitled, and has as the major line of the refrain "There is nothing like a Dame."

A simple switch of similar consonants - N for M - gives us "There is nothing like a Dane" - hence, my comment.

I feel the Danish gunships are going go the same way as the hussars. Never played only painted because they look cool.

I proxied the gunships and still had that feeling as to why am I fielding cruisers or gunships. Overall I would play a different medium than the danish gunship and play as many small danish minelayers as I can.

In a Danish fleet you are also allowed to use the Prussin medium, flyers and there is no mention saying you can't use the new prussian battle cruisers. Though we will have to see whats on their stat cards. I'm sorely tempted to do a Danish fleet just to add some variety. It doesn't have to be massive say around 1000 to 1500 points.