pancakeonions

Official Thread: Republic Of Egypt

I find it bizarre nobody commented on this thread when the actual models were revealed, haha. I for one am excited to see the Orbat, and am on the verge of ordering a box or two.

2 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

Exciting stuff coming from the dunes of Egypt!

Orbat is due quite soon... quite soon indeed!

They are really fun to play with! With even more amazing stuff in the pipe for this awesome and unique young nation!

;)

-Mike

So quite soon indeed?  Say... Today maybe????

3 hours ago, Spartan Mike said:

They are really fun to play with! With even more amazing stuff in the pipe for this awesome and unique young nation!

;)

-Mike

So... if it's quite soon, you could surely tell us if they feature Wave Lurkers, or Surface Skimmers, yes? ;-)

On 7/7/2017 at 3:51 AM, Spartan Mike said:

;)

-Mike

Just making sure you did not forget about us

Well the blog post is up for the RoE's ORBAT

Still reading over the ORBAT so not much to add yet.  From page 1 though:

• All Republic of Egypt Broadsides have the Devastating Munitions Type.
• All Republic of Egypt Energy Weapons have the Incendiary Munitions Type.
• Unless otherwise noted ALL Republic of Egypt Capital Models have the Rugged Construction (1) MAR.

Wrath of the Gods Eye!
Once per Game – This ability may be activated during the Command Segment of a non-Disordered Squadron’s Activation
provided a member of the Squadron is within the Command Radius of the Commodore’s Model. All Energy Weapons
within this Squadron double the number of Raging Fire Tokens they inflict on their targets as a result of their attack. (This
Includes any Critical Table or Fuel Reserves Result! Such is the Wrath of the Sun God!).

Looking over the stats they look to be pretty good, but I would like to know why guys decided to totally gimp drones in this edition?

I don't under why you would think it is balanced to make two nations have to do crazy stuff and move certain squadrons into positions to make your SaS viable at all.  It really seems to hamstring the RoE  and the Coa.

Just seems like in a couple of years, drones have gone from the best planes in the game to the worse!

Just my two cents.

@firelord444I don't think they have been hamstrung at all! In fact, I would argue that they are sitting in a better place than most everyone else! Gimp? hardly! You did see that capabilities from the RoE Drones right? The Covenant players are up in arms at how impressive they are! (spoiler alert, the CoA ones are going to get thier errors fixed and will be working better in scope once the corrections are made). Drones are going to be better in most cases than an average human manned plane, but there has to be some limitations to that power!

@Elessar Glad you are liking them. The vulnerability stings a bit, but its fragile new tech... they have not come close to mastering their energy powers like the CoA has!

Expect more RoE goodness in the near future... This is only the dawn of this amazing new empire!

-Mike

On 25/7/2017 at 0:42 AM, Spartan Mike said:

@firelord444I don't think they have been hamstrung at all! In fact, I would argue that they are sitting in a better place than most everyone else! Gimp? hardly! You did see that capabilities from the RoE Drones right? The Covenant players are up in arms at how impressive they are! (spoiler alert, the CoA ones are going to get thier errors fixed and will be working better in scope once the corrections are made). Drones are going to be better in most cases than an average human manned plane, but there has to be some limitations to that power!

@Elessar Glad you are liking them. The vulnerability stings a bit, but its fragile new tech... they have not come close to mastering their energy powers like the CoA has!

Expect more RoE goodness in the near future... This is only the dawn of this amazing new empire!

-Mike

Did you compare the HBB of the RoE wiht the one of the Indiand Raj?? It's ridicoulous!! The indian's one is too less powerful! :angry:

@Gonmoa oh we certainly did!

and personally, given the difference between the two vessels in form and function I am going to have to disagree! I still think I am a bit more terrified of the raw efficient power of the Raj HBB! The Egypt HBB is a scary bloated monster, but it performs its devastation in a very different way and comes with its own limitations... and nobody ever said the Raj were not going to get some new toys or updated stats in the future either!

:)

-Mike