We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

fracas

Official Thread: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

I would also love one, but I expect the cost would be too much now lol.

Had my first game with my PLC, very fragile fleet, could not stand up to much, however, holding back a gunship squadron and jumping on an enemy cruiser squadron and hitting 14ad on three different ships was fantastic. Ripped the heart out of a large cruiser squadron.

I fielded

Dazbog

Triglev

Triglev

3x marowit

3x marowit

4x bagniekk

3x banniekk

I took

2 spotters

10 fighters

10 bombers

Was a really fun game

Positives

-sustained fire 3 on the carrier bombards was brilliant

-firepower from gunships was scary, even when damaged

Negatives

-stuginium boost is rubbish, managed to get it off once, on an engine damaged battleship

-admiral had nowhere tough to hide, all massive ships are extremely fragile

I love the fleet though, am looking forward to getting my aerial box.

Apologies if the question has been answered before, but I was wondering about the contents of the naval battle group. Are there enough turret and eagle drop one to build five cruisers or five gunships, or is it more limited? If more limited does anyone know where to get hold of the eagle drop one, as the parts store doesn't seem to sell them.

Thanks in advance! 

9 minutes ago, Falconer said:

AFAIK, it contains turrets to make 3 cruisers and 2 gunships. (ie. 3 eagles and 8 turrets for mediums overall).

Hmm, that's a little bit of a pain: may need to start investigating my bits box to see if there's anything else that I could use :/

Thanks for the answer :)

3 hours ago, slimeball said:

ZExpect you could press mould the turrets with modelling putty?

Hopefully won't be necessary: quick email to Spartan and they've suggested a solution. Excellent customer service again, so big thanks to Spartan Lizzie for all her help! 

The next stage is now to order the fleet and work out how to paint them, and see if I can avoid using red... 

Edit: I've just started looking into polish coats of arms. Down the rabbit hole I go!

They are a really fun fleet, you suffer from lack of a big meaty ship to stick your admiral on, but a hiding carrier using it sustained fire 3 bombard from behind an island works for me. Then if it gets flanked it can power across the island and escape.

I would recommend the aerial fortress as well, it's a beast and such a gorgeous model.

I'm planning to probably do a project log with this fleet soon, but I just wanted to share my test models here, as there appears to be a criminal lack of Painted PLC ships floating around on the internet! Really enjoyable ships to paint: nice detail but also nice open areas of hull. Would also be great to see anyone else's schemes if people want to share.

4O9JOtr.jpg

The heavy frigates are easily killed in my games, but I've put them as advanced or flanking and though they've died, they either wiped or disabled at least two small squads.  Against Prussians that's a must.  On land, they're Russian light units.  Flames for boarding, bombard for suppression, but I haven't found them as destructive as Russians, but I was playing against EotBS.  Flame retard and shields really helped.

2.5 Orbat as gone up. At first glance, not many changes, but the gunships and most of the air cadre now cost more to field, with no discernable differences in terms of stats.

The changes to flamethrowers in 2.5 do look like they might be crippling, though; the stats still mention Heavy Flamethrowers, which have been removed. As the regular flamers don't do any damage, and the potential number of raging fire markers look to average about the same, if not slightly lower than before, it's difficult to see how this is a good change for the PLC at the moment.

I played as the PLC today, and found that the biggest change outside of the costs was the rule that Flamethrower weapons can only target things at the Surface height level (p134, v2.5 rule book). This leaves the Gryf with AA as it's sole anti-Aerial model weapon system until it gets to boarding range...which is only 4" closer. It also means our tanks can't burn flyers out of the sky, which is sensible but not very cinematic.  ;)

BTW flamers still do damage and even Critical hits now, but it's always a Raging Fire result.