We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

fracas

Official Thread: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

Changes that I found, I just listed all of the MARs though because saying what was different and the same just didn't seem to work there.  Looks like Sturginium Boost pretty much across the board, and most things lost Flame Retardant armour.  Not a lot of points adjustments overall but most things got a few more dice in the pool.

Both Commodore Doctrines have changed, now have:

With Fire and Sword: This Ability may be activated during the Boarding Action Segment of any non-
disordered squadron with a member within 16” of the Commodore's Model. This squadron gains Terror
Tactics (+1) for the duration of the Boarding Segment for every 2 raging fire tokens on the target models to
a maximum of Terror Tactics (3).

Experimental Incendiaries: This Ability may be activated during the Command Segment of a Non-
Disordered Squadron Activation, providing a member of the Squadron is within 8” of the Commodore's
Model. All attacks with this squadron that place raging fire tokens this activation place double the number of
tokens.

Naval

Triglav

Crew- stoic

7" move (+1)

MARs (as these changed a lot, so I won't compare to old)

Carrier (6), Fuel Reserves, SV (25), Sturginium Boost, Security Posts (1), Sustained Fire (Bombard Battery, 3), internal shield (2)

Dazbog

Crew - stoic (can go to elite for +5)

MARs:  Close Quarter Gunnery, Sturginium Boost, Security Posts (1)

Marowit

Crew - Defensive (can go to Stoic for +5)

Main and Raised Turret (9/7/5) (was both listed as main before and 9/6/4, still two total, so mostly a name change)

CR 7 (+1)

MARs:  Close Quarter Gunnery, Redoubtable (Primary Gunnery), Sturginium Boost

Squad size 2-3 (was 2)

Podaga

crew - aggressive

main turret (9/7/5) (was 9/6/4)

MV 10 (+1)

AP 5 (+1)

MARs: close quarter gunnery, Sturginium Boost, Internal Shield Generator (2)

Bagiennik

crew - defensive

mv 12 (-1)

AP 2 (+1)

CC 2 (+1)

broadside 4/3  (was 4/2)

Air

Zamiec 180 (+10)

crew - stoic

Raised/Main turrets 9/7/5 (was 9/6/4)

heavy flamethrower 12/6 (was 12/4)

MARs: Carrier (6), Evasive Manoeuvre (+1), flame retardant armour (2), Fuel Reserves, Security Posts (1), SV (50), Sturginium Boost, internal shield generator (2)

can upgrade to (one only)

Combat Deployment (PLC: Mechanized Line Infantry, Regular, 2) for +30

Combat Deployment (PLC: Rycerz LZ5, regular, 4) for +60

Gryf

Heavy Flamethrower 7/4 (was 6/2)

Move 9 (-1)

Evasive Manoeuvre (+1), Fuel Reserves, Flame Retardant Armour (2), Sturginium Boost, Internal Shield (2)

Grom 80 (+5)

crew defensive (can go stoic for +5)

raised turret 9/7/5 (was 9/6/4)

Evasive Manoeuvre (+1), Spotter (regular), Sturginium Boost, Internal Shield (2)

Szabla 25 (-5)

Fore Gun 4/3 (was 4/2)

AA 3 (+1)

MARs: Elusive Target, Hit & Run, Hunter (Aerial, +1), Small Target, Sustained Fire (AA, 1)

SAS - same

Armoured

Grunwald 225 (-25)

Crew Stoic (can go to elite for +10)

DR 6 (+1)

main turret (9/7/5) (was 9/6/4)

Broadside 8/8/6 (was 6/6/4)

Bombard Battery -/12/9/7 (was -/10/10/-)

Heavy flamethrower 12/6 (was 12/4)

turning template - Large (was 45)

MARs: Flame Retardant Armour (2), Security Posts (2), Sustained Fire (Bombard Battery, 3), Squadron Support (PLC: SAW, Fighters, 3), Sturginium Boost, Strategic Value (100), Internal Shield (2)
can replace SAW support for  Squadron Support (PLC: Rycerz LZ5, 3) MAR for +35pts

Perun

Bombard Battery -/12/9/7 (was -/10/10/-)

fore gun 10/10/5 (same)

MARs: Carrier (6), Combat Deployment (PLC: Assault Infantry, 2, Regular), Fuel Reserves, Redoubtable, Strategic Value (50), Sustained Fire (Bombard Battery, 3), Sturginium Boost, Security Posts (1), Internal Shield (2)

can add Combat Co-ordinator (PLC Infantry, Fearless, 8”) for +15

Rarog

main turret 9/7/5 (same)

fore guns 10/8 (same)

rear gun 6/6/4 (was 6/4/2)

Broadside 6/6/4 (was 7/7/5)

heavy flamethrower turret 12/6 (was 12/4)

MARs: Flame Retardant Armour (2), Sturginium Boost, Security Posts (1), Internal shield (2)

WZ6 Szpada

crew defensive (stoic for +5, aggressive for +10)

MARs:  Flame Retardant Armour (1), Fuel Reserves, Sturginium Boost

SWZ3 Palnik

crew  aggressive

AP 3 (+1)

turning 360 (was 45)

MARs: Attachment (PLC, WZ6 Szpada, 1), Flame Retardant Armour (2) Fuel Reserves, Sturginium Boost

ZB2 Burza

Crew - Defensive

AP 2 (+1)

turning 360 (was 45)

MARs:  Sustained Fire (Bombard, 1), Sturginium Boost

Poltava

crew - defensive

turning 360 (was 45)

MARs: Hit and Run, Small Target

LZ5 Rycerz

crew - defensive

MARs:  Elusive Target, Hit and Run, Small Target, Sustained Fire (Ack Ack, 1)

Fortifications

Forward Landing Field

MARs: Altered Silhouette (Large), Carrier (9), Fuel Reserves, High Angle (Quad Turret), Strategic Value (75), Vulnerable

Heavy Infantry Bunker (no change)

Medium Infantry Bunker (no change)

small Infantry Bunker (no change)

All infantry look the same, didn't look over them as closely

Looks to be a pretty solid boost across the board. A bit sad to see the flame retardant armour go completely from the naval ships, but that's only because my Polish mainly face off against the EotBS.

The new commodore abilities sound interesting, and might actually get used now. Looking forward to getting these guys out on the table.

Officially: Nobody knows outside Spartan Games staff, who aren't telling. :)

Unofficially: The stats for the Grunwald and Rarog were in the original A5 booklet for the PLC when their Aerial box first came out in v1.1. There were no specific models released for them, but the CG renders in the booklet were of a Kursk and Belgorod so it was reasonable to use those as proxies. With the new v2 Armoured Battle Group, we have an official Rarog model - which is a Belgorod with a different turret/top drop-on. Presumably the Grunwald will be the Kursk model with this same flamethrower turret on top...but one never quite knows with Spartan Games. :) One can only wait until that flamethrower turret is available in the parts section of the store...

I can see the reasoning- Surginium Boost on everything else, then giving it to the flyers for consistency, and then removing Advanced Engines because having both would be ridiculous.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to have AE instead. Sturginium Boost, if my usual RC opponents are anything to go by, is not that great. I'd much prefer even AE(+1) over Sturginium Boost. I also think giving most PLC units AE instead would suit the image of charging lancers rather than the very unreliable SB.

I can see the reasoning- Surginium Boost on everything else, then giving it to the flyers for consistency, and then removing Advanced Engines because having both would be ridiculous.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to have AE instead. Sturginium Boost, if my usual RC opponents are anything to go by, is not that great. I'd much prefer even AE(+1) over Sturginium Boost. I also think giving most PLC units AE instead would suit the image of charging lancers rather than the very unreliable SB.

Oh yeah, I missed the boost!

Right, will be trying my first game with the new ORBAT.

Here's what I'm thinking of taking:

PLC 1k Armoured Core

Zamiec Sky Fortress

+60 (Combat Deployment (LZ5, 4))

Commodore

Grunwald Land Dreadnought

2x (Szpada Medium Tank x3)

+60 (6x Aggressive Crew upgrade)

Palnik Flame Tank x3

LZ5 Rycerz Small Tank x4

The plan is to move at full speed all game and set everything on fire. It's a plan that's worked before.

PLC 1k Armoured Core

Zamiec Sky Fortress

+60 (Combat Deployment (LZ5, 4))

Commodore

Rarog Landship

Szpada Medium Tank x2

2x (Palnik Flame Tank x3)

Burza Bombard x3

LZ5 Rycerz Small Tank x3

I won't be providing a battle report, as my luck was so astoundingly awful it would just be a list of all my activations that did nothing. Despite my tactics looking solid, my fleet refused to cooperate. I chose the kill the commodore objective after getting commodore's discretion, who was on an opposing land dreadnought. Despite all my boarding units getting in range intact, they failed to do anything. The flamethrowers left a huge stack of fire tokens that killed a grand total of 1AP (probably from being lethal), nothing broke from the Terrifying ability, and despite all six flame tanks and the sky fortress getting into boarding range, they still only managed to have the land dreadnought salvaged- 18 Aggressive and 8 Stoic AP totally defeated by whatever was on the land dreadnought and seven conscripts from the only viable russian boarding unit in range.

But the worst model award that game has to go to the Rarog, which was so bloody awful it failed to do any damage whatsoever, then exploded and took out more than its own worth in the form of my entire artillery support section. I would have been better off going in 140 points short than including that sodding thing. Can the PLC just have the sky fortress always count as their one core large/massive choice? It's not like the PLC background doesn't support it. The Grunwald is approaching okay now, but it's still not somthing I want to take in every list... which I will have to do, as the alternative is a Rarog. Which I don't want to even look at ever again.

Before last rule changes, I played this PLC 1K Naval Core list:

- Zamiec

- Zamiec

- Dazbog

- 3x Podaga (advance)

- 3x Podaga (advance)

- 4x Bagiennik

It was really successful against everything, but also boring to use the same units every game.

Now we got really nice rule/point-changes and I will paint all of the PLC units to test how they work now.

Last Saturday I played in Prag the 1K tournament with the Triglav and the new Krakau Squadron:

- Krakau Squadron (Zamiec and Grom)

- Triglav

- Dazbog

- 3x Podaga (advance)

- 3x Podaga (advance)

- 2x Bagiennik

Like before I played PLC aggressiv and now with the new Commodore rules and the changes (particularly Podaga, I love them) my PLC naval/air list was more dangerous.

My opponents were EoBS, OE and KoD. I managed to win against EoBS, KoD and draw against OE. (Dice luck helped against KoD)

It was a really nice tournament, big Thanks for that. :)

I never used Triglav before, but he did his job as a "support" Carrier.

Krakauer Squadron is really great! I could link 5 of 6 turrets together against EoBS dreadnought.

Next time I will try a Air-Force list with Grom Gunships and my 3 Gryf´s.

I only need to paint... :wacko:

Hi guys

Could one of you tell me what the general playstyle of Polish is? My guess is, after quick look at the ORBAT, close in quickly with the opponent, start some fires with plentifull incindieary and flamethrowers and then board, is that correct? Any special tricks up polish sleeves?

Hi guys

Could one of you tell me what the general playstyle of Polish is? My guess is, after quick look at the ORBAT, close in quickly with the opponent, start some fires with plentifull incindieary and flamethrowers and then board, is that correct? Any special tricks up polish sleeves?

Polish playstyle is to play aggressiv. You are fast, you have shields, you have units with nice AP number and you make fire. So close-combat is what PLC want. In Range Band 2,3 you need to link your weapons together to be sure to make damage. Heavy Flamer with the Terrifying MAR are wonderfull to force units for disorder tests. Try to board high-point-units like dreadnought´s and try to shoot down weaker units first. Dont spread your fleet to much, PLC need to stay together and support each other.

Like Presidente said, to be a skimmer is really nice. You can just hide behind a island and wait for enemy to come closer. Then you go over island and give him the first punch! :D

(My advance units starts always behind island cover or next to it)

I've been playing 1 to 2 games with my PLC navy since October of last year and I've enjoyed the hell out of it despite sometimes feeling outgunned. I thought that they had some ships that were obviously better than others of the same category, however now with the changes I feel like there is a real competition between units on what take. I love the new Triglav, sustained 3 and shields on that boat was a really solid buff... It went from a ship I hardly ever fielded to a ship I now field regularly. 

Cheers to Spartan! :)

played against french on Friday....Combo of my list and Presedentes jammy luck meant it would be tough.

French had at 1250

St malo

Couronne

Tourbillon

Tourbillon

2 cherbourgs

12 requins

so typical boarding rush with tough larges and nasty heat lances

I had as follows

2 Triglav

2 Dazbog

3 Marrowits

3 groms

4 bagieniks

End result was a victory for PLC...about 1k to 750 ish ( we play 70%)

new Triglav is awesome with sustained fire 3....spotted the cherbourgs and started bombarding them from RB 4

Marrowits are crazy scary....sure there expensive and if you can resist throwing them forward i would do so....mine stayed hidded until late into turn 2 where they blasted a cherbourg and then popped out to lay some hurt on the couronne....redoubtable and close quarter....nobody wants 32 shots hitting mostly on 4's

Overall im happy with them...the models now have great rules...in larger games the lack of a dread could be nasty...however an allied moskova might help :P

I feel stupid for only just now realizing that the Grunwald is a modified Kursk; combined with my Poltava I have most of a list already! I just need to stock up on the mediums. I was looking all over trying to find a dedicated Grunwald model, lol.

I know what minor nation army I'll be stocking up on next.

So, through a quirk of fate and my luck with independent retailers pushing reduced price stock on me, I now have in my possession 2 of the PLC naval battlegroups. I love these models and would have bought them anyway, but they have just skipped over the Russians on my queue of collections.

Any tips or tricks? Out ships looks about average for survivability. I find the lack of a really tough nut to centre the fleet around worrying. My main tactic looks like hiding gunships behind islands then flying over and blowing things to pieces, a maximum spread of 32/25/18 is just nuts on these things.

The carrier and pocket battleship (I love pBBs by the way) look great in their class, but are fragile compared to a lot of other capital ships they may face.