Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain_karlsen

Captain_Karlsen's Prussian Painting!

Hi there!

Glad to be allowed to join the forum!

My local club have a painting challenge each month and my pledge was the prussian starter set and a few extras.

I've gone for a fairly standard scheme, and you can see the results here:

http://bloodshinesgold.wordpress.com/?s=dystopian+legions

I hope to get some games in soon!

Any comments are welcome, i'm hoping to add the mad scientist and maybe the tankettes next.

I like these! Very smooth and tidy painting (especially like the care in detailing the riveting on the Teutonic Knights): I'm also rather sold on the colour scheme, the yellow/grey combination gives a great WWII-esque twist. Good stuff!

Uh, really tidy painting. They look like ***** and span, I like it more dirty with mud and some scrapes, but that´s only my opinion.

I want to see the APC, it would be interessting to see that one in your painting style.

Greetings Piper

There is a really ravishing book by the daughter company of an evil empire that I totally love regarding the painting and weathering of vehicles. Imperial Armor Model Masterclass, I just own No.1, but that contains more than I ever can do.

You can try the tutorials on Massivevoodoo, too.

The KoB appear to have brought too many Battalion Support options to this battle:  a 14 Pdr, 2 Bassets and a HMG section.  This should have given him a big advantage over the Prussians.

To comply with the Platoon-based force organisation charts, one of these needs to be dropped until a 2nd Platoon is present.

The KoB appear to have brought too many Battalion Support options to this battle:  a 14 Pdr, 2 Bassets and a HMG section.  This should have given him a big advantage over the Prussians.

To comply with the Platoon-based force organisation charts, one of these needs to be dropped until a 2nd Platoon is present.

I've informed my oppoenent, thanks for letting us know, we're still quite new to this!

his response was he'll feel more guilty of they did sanything (bassets).

In fariness it was the massive open gap of terrain infromt of me that i just couldn't cover that done me in!

The Force lists are available on the Spartan Games website under downloads.  Essentially you get the following in a Platoon:

1 Lt

1-3 Squads of upto 10 Mainstay Infantry(with Sgt, Musician and Spec weapon or HMG upgrades)

2 Elite Squads (Sky Hussars)

2 Battalion Support (1-2 Bassets, HMG Section (1-3 Guns), 14 Pdr, Terrier)

2 Characters

Until you've used all 3 Mainstay slots you can't start another Platoon

The idea is to force you to take a reasonably balanced force

The Force lists are available on the Spartan Games website under downloads.  Essentially you get the following in a Platoon:

1 Lt

1-3 Squads of upto 10 Mainstay Infantry(with Sgt, Musician and Spec weapon or HMG upgrades)

2 Elite Squads (Sky Hussars)

2 Battalion Support (1-2 Bassets, HMG Section (1-3 Guns), 14 Pdr, Terrier)

2 Characters

Until you've used all 3 Mainstay slots you can't start another Platoon

The idea is to force you to take a reasonably balanced force

Thank you, i have claimed my Moral Victory!

solid,crisp,beatiful job :)   My only concern is that the model is a little on the 'thin' side and I have one also but your is most superior!

I was thinking that but against the regular figs i think the scales about right, she looks feminine but not cheescake, which is a real nice thing about this range

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.