Sign in to follow this  
BasicBob

Spartan Is Armored Clash A New Game Or A Sub-Game Of Dw ?

I'm wondering if we will see the DL coloured dice mechanic in armoured clash

I'd like to, the colored dice are quite a great mechanic IMHO.

Very much hoping not. The differing dice color mechanic unduly interferes with my desire to purchase dice sets that are color themed in some way. (Red and Blue Swirly dice with white pips for British and that sort of thing...)

I want to buy dice from somebody other than Spartan, but I don't want to buy two or three sets per force, :wacko: There I've said it.

Very much hoping not. The differing dice color mechanic unduly interferes with my desire to purchase dice sets that are color themed in some way. (Red and Blue Swirly dice with white pips for British and that sort of thing...)

I want to buy dice from somebody other than Spartan, but I don't want to buy two or three sets per force, :wacko: There I've said it.

Ha! I have blue and red swirly dice with gold pips for my Brits.  :D

First it was changed to the 18th ....then to the week of the 18th.

This is becoming a regular problem. Please SG dont promise then not deliver.

Dont keep disapointing your loyal players and customers.

I like the colored dice mechanic, personally...

There just seems to be something broken about all 6's counting as 2 hits and you roll again.

Don't get me wrong, I love DW... it just feels like maybe it needs tweaked a little...

**Shrug**

It is just a variation (slight enhancement) of the re-rolling six mechanic that was used in Aeronef, Wessex Games, 1999.

Now available, the whole deal. GOAL!!! :)

I have included the web address for those who cant find it.  I couldnt find it until I checked my email and saw I got a notification. http://www.spartangames.co.uk/games/armoured-clash

I clicked the Spartan Games Website button (at the top of the forum) and there was a button for AC in the splash banner.

Looks like some Spartan guys worked all night? Or start working that early?

I dont know i just know im still (all night) at work. Well games business before a final milestone... what should i say...

Rules look a bit like a mix of FI and DL i guess, but i didnt read them yet, just a glance at some stats.

Ok Just finished looking thru the rules.  60 plus pages.  It is basically a heavily modified version of the Dystopian Legions  rule set.  Overall Id say its pretty good.  Things I dont like are the lack of tactics and cinematic feel.  Granted this is done to speed things up.  However having to have your battalions in base to base contact really limits the field of fire for individual units.  Also criticals have been made optional.  Those really are my only compalints.

Positives the dice pooling mechanic really makes sense at larger levels like this.  Much better than at small unit sizes like Dystioian Legions.  I really like that they put in rules for representing and occupying  urban areas.  I think these rule will be getting in regular games of Dystopian Wars.  The explenation of how line of sight works is also muck more clearly explained.  I especially think the aerial line of sight mechanic works better than Dystopian Wars.  The Bombardment and spotting rules are pretty good.  Infantry rules allow for boarding assaultss of and being assaulted by veichles.  Which I think is an improvement.

Some new generators are present.  The fissure generator allows the energy attacks of three "battalions" to be pooled and used if you make your roll.  Drone units require drone controllers.  Also they show an all robot Prussian force.  The new medium is about the size of a steel.  Also it appears that there is going to be a beefier version of the Faust.