Sign in to follow this  
BasicBob

Spartan Is Armored Clash A New Game Or A Sub-Game Of Dw ?

Spartan I'm curious as to your intentions for Armored Clash. Is this game on the same footing as DW as far as design and production go ? Will you package up product under the Armored Clash label or is it still labeled as DW ? Basically is this a new game or sub-game of DW?

My underlining

Spartan I'm curious as to your intentions for Armored Clash. Is this game on the same footing as DW as far as design and production go ? Will you package up product under the Armored Clash label or is it still labeled as DW ? Basically is this a new game or sub-game of DW?

Since the rules are supplemental to DW, I would guess that Armoured Clash is a sub-game; an additional way to play the same game with the same models, using supplemental rules.   :)

Cambrius

That is my initial impression. But I just wanted to be clear about it since they have now set up its own forum.

It is puzzling. The forum gives the appearance of five full blown games. Does (will?) the online store mirror that?

Guest Spartan Ricky

Armoured Clash is a new and exciting set of Victorian super science fiction wargaming rules from Spartan Games, designed to massively expand the theatre of armoured ground warfare within the hugely successful world of Dystopian Wars. Much more information will be made available next week.

Armoured Clash is a new and exciting set of Victorian super science fiction wargaming rules from Spartan Games, designed to massively expand the theatre of armoured ground warfare within the hugely successful world of Dystopian Wars. Much more information will be made available next week.

In other words, wait for the rules to be uploaded next week.  No peeking!

Guest Spartan Ricky

We get a very well written non-answer =(

Please wait for the announcement next week is my answer.

Guest Spartan Ricky

I won't be answering any questions before the announcement next week.

But what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?!

Forty-t...nononono

If I do that, the Question and the Answer will be in the same place, a the universe will spontaneously implode.

Better bit do that...

PS thanks Ricky, you can't blame us for trying. But you've really got us on tenterhooks now.

If it's a new game combining Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Uncharted Seas and Firestorm Armada , Spartan Games gonna be my favorite gaming company  (note : if it's "just" the tow Dystopian Games, my statement says the same!)

I have been under the impression that it is an alternative to DW, using DW models but its own rules and stats. My money is on simplified, I wildly guess that mediums come in sqaudrons where the damage is applied to the quadron as a whole (once X damage points are taken remove a model) and critical hit effects are only on big models.

I would hope that there is not seperate models that are not cross compatible as that is basically further increasing how many game systems have to be supported.

I wonder if we will be given "shrubbery" to be placed as objective markers or if the French will fart in the general direction of the opposition. Did you think the French will also get cow-launchers ? :)

Think it might well be the Dystopian Wars version of the 'Planetfall/Legions' rule engine, which can only be a GOOD thing (well, i'm hoping anyway).