Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrscarelli

My Prussian Empire (Desert Style)

Hey Folks.... :)

So i am new on here and this is my first Topic.

I´ve been reading here for some time, and i thought it would be the time to show something of my own Forces i am building up at the moment.

I´ve started Dystopian Legions some days ago with the Prussian Starter Set (because i like the Minis very much) and painted up one Soldier first for a Colour Scheme Test.

And now i am building up my Force with the guys from the Set.

I´ve thought about a Colour Scheme for some time, but all the colours for the "regular" Schemes looked very brightly and so i created a "Desert Style" Colour Scheme.

So, and this is what the Army will look like:

htoqrdf4.png

Next to come will be the Rest of the regular Soldiers.

C&C much appreciated

Cheers

Thanks guys... really appreciate that. :)

There will be more to come, really.

I´ve started to paint the other guys of his troop today.

Here´s a WIP-Picture of how far i came today:

j9cmlt6l.png

I´m going on tomorrow after work. I hope to get them finished next week, so i can go on withe the Knights.

Hi there,

nice work. But why do you not take for exemple the yellow desert as primer (and not white). It makes it easy to get the right colors especially for the pants.

Hope to see more.

Greetings Piper

Thans guys, really appreciate that.

@ Piper: Yeah i´ve been using those Paints for some time, and still use some of them.

But i also had some problems with them and now i am a bit cautious.

But the main thing is that the colours come along really nice with white undercoat. They really pop out, especially light colours like i am using. :)

So... I´ve finished the first 6 Grenadiers yesterday. Pretty happy with how they came out.

Here´s a quick photo of them:

lmew58x8.png

Next ones will be the Teutonic Knights and the Officers of the Army. :)

C&C welcome as always. ;)

Cheers

Out of curiosity, do you mean problems with army painter, do you mean the primer being super glossy and have absolutely no tooth to it?

My Gob Green & Barbarian Flesh primer have absolutely zero tooth to them. Whenever I put paint on it, it just swirls around and triest o settle in the recesses, even if I didn't add any water at all!

Thanks guys... ;)

Sorry for the late answers, but i was away this weekend and wasn´t able to look in here.

@ MrBPaintjobs: Thats one of the issues that i have reckognized. The other one is, that i think that some of my spraycans (maybe its a problem several colours or of a specific producing range) loose their Aerosol, so that only the colour is still inside. I´ve reckognized that at some of my spraycans (for Example the white one or the bone colour), while some others still work well (for example the green ones or black). So maybe it´s just a problem of some colours out of their range? 

I don´t know.

The Problem is, that there is still colour inside, but nothing comes out. I´ve tried to change the cap of my can, tried to clean the can itself (the hole where the colour comes out), but nothing helped.

@ Hannibal: Of course ;) Here they are at bigger Size: (My camera is not the best... try to get a better one in a while)

bhjlqwj9.pnggfuj4qzp.png999li93a.png

Mrscarelli --- clicking on a pic from that second batch caused both a pop-up ad and an additional browser window to open on my screen. (Somehow this directupload.net image hosting site defeated my browser's normal settings  which usually forbid such shenanigans.)

Calling this fair warning to anyone else and a mental note to myself.

Color scheme looks good except for the black helmets.

Don't get me wrong, you did a neat job of painting black helmets with gold trim. Black helmets looks like somebody shipped these poor jokers the winter issue Northern Europe helmets instead of the desert issue. (A boiling hot, black hat in a desert, yipes!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.