Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hendybadger

February 2013 Release: Wave 3 Is Up!

Well, that release is disappointing, won't be getting any of them for my Blazing Sun. Already have both Veteran slots filled with Shinobi and bikes, so why do I want another 4 when you can only have 3 in a section and duplicated figures too, certainly not paying £18 just to get an archer model. And what is the point of an tripod mounted shotgun that can only (probably) shoot at range 2?

I think the winner in the elite category is the Prussian Army!  That Knight with the head piece?!  And the knight with the tesla lancer and tesla coil!  Hopefully that will make them even deadlier in CC!

The FSA wolves are fun, and those bear traps look like they were designed to catch tankettes!

The winner of the HMG category is....a tough one....I LOVE the FSA's gun with crank and huge clips, but that British organ-style gun looks wicked.

Spartan is making it easier to convince my friends to get in on the party!

Two new models for the Sky Hussars, one is the NCO but I have no clue what the other one is. An engineer because of the googles and the apron? Or an officer because of the fancier uniform?

Two new models for the Sky Hussars, one is the NCO but I have no clue what the other one is. An engineer because of the googles and the apron? Or an officer because of the fancier uniform?

Would be nice to get an Officer for the Hussars.

Pretty much all of the veteran sections appear to have changed in some way. Bear trap markers and wolves for the buffalo hunters/scouts. Tesla weapons and a Sergeant for the Prussians. It looks like one of the Shinobi has a bow. And is that a new Sergeant for the sky hussars? It looks to me like the unit entries are changing, some significantly, before the main rule book ships.

Ooohh more Teurtonic Knights!

I think the FSA has the best looking HMG.

Battlefield objectives are a very nice addition as well.

I was expecting to see some Sergeants (plus trooper) packs this month, or else the small tanks, but I shant complain about Tesla Lances!!

Guest Spartan Ricky

The newsletter was circulated last night. The newsletter is the first instance in which we circulate news regarding latest releases so sign-up now if you want to get the news first!

We're rather excited about this release and are pleased to begin hearing that you are as well. Look out for lots more coverage of this release over the coming period as we approach their release in stores.

I really hope the EotBS HMG gives me decent shooting beyond my normal guys.

I found it odd that the missle launcher was the same range as a shotgun!

Is the Shinobi Kyudoka a named character or just a unit leader? (please oh please be a unit leader and not named!!!!)

If the Shinobi Kyudoka is a unit leader (not unique) will it be sold seperately?

Ricky, if could make one request?

Please post the updated unit stats in the download section as soon as possible.  Those of us who order from a local game shop will really appreciate knowing what we need to have in order to make complete units.  

And Hoida:  The word "Kyudoka" roughly translates from Japanese as "archer" so I'm guessing the model is an upgrade as opposed to an officer/NCO.

Now,  how soon can we expect the Dystopian Legions parts service so we can get the new pieces for the veteran units that came in the starter boxes?   :)

Ok my thougth on what is on offer for the third wave, well were to start

HMG's well FSA , Prussins get a very nice looing HMG, again what is going on with the british one before any one says yes it is modeled on Maxim gun which had its early models with multi barres and was mounted on wheels.

but its name implys its a Nordenfelt.  better not be a Nordenfelt as they were hand cracked in 1884 Sir Hiram Stevens Maxim made the MAXIM which was better that the Sweden Nordenfelt, The Nordefelt was never used buy the british.

.Also early gatling guns were also mounted on wheel cargaes but the is dystopian war they have been trypod mounted. the Nordenfelt was also wheel mounted.

come on chaps you are realy putting me off playing my british frist you you give us that guy in wheel chair , how inpratical is that in war , no idear why you could not of monted him in some form of walker, like the british walk legs in the dystopian war book.

the blazzing suns gun looks cool but a shot gun realy oh well it better be have some nice rules . as for the other part to wave 3 i will have to look at what come in the packs.

I am not to happy, and I  big fan of you company. this is the only time i can say that i think you have not done as good a job as you could have. please guys rethink you HMG for briish

I have to say, I love every one of these releases.

Can't wait to get my hands on them.

erion- I would love to see the rules posted earlier this time as well.

Druss- This is a fantasy setting. Not everything is going to be historically accurate.

Druss- This is a fantasy setting. Not everything is going to be historically accurate.

Sorry mate but if there was a gun made that was better in that time period before the advent of Sturgeon's Element 270 why have in inferia swedish gun. yes i know its fantasy game that why i play it . just would have liked to have seen better sculpts for the old guy and the HMG. one on wheels is going to be harder to move. and if the FSA can make trypod why cant the british with  the biggest empire of them all.

I am only trying to make the game better by giving constructive criticism. i have been playing war game for over 28 years so i have some very good idear of what could have been done.

Sorry mate but if there was a gun made that was better in that time period before the advent of Sturgeon's Element 270 why have in inferia swedish gun.

The inventor was killed in a sturginium blast in his lab, scattering his ashes across the fabric of time and space!

just would have likked to have seen better sculpts for the old guy and the HMG.

While the designs might not be to everyones taste, your not going to please everyone all the time afterall, I must say that the sculpts are of a great quality, both a pleasure to build and paint.

glad i didn't buy two starter sets now those look good to me.

But i think you'll find there march release only feb pre order which is good means i can get my other stuff painted

March 6 for the Spartan store. Release to other sources will be in mid to late February based on the procedure of Wave 2. Time to compose another "shopping list"

Guest Spartan Ricky
glad i didn't buy two starter sets now those look good to me.

But i think you'll find there march release only feb pre order which is good means i can get my other stuff painted

No, this is the February 2013 Release. These models will be shipping from March 6th in the Spartan Games Online Store but will be in stores a little earlier than that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.