Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSA Michael

Dl Painting Contest For January 2013!

Well the New Year is almost here and it is time to start up a painting contest for DL.  I am starting it early to let you gather your supplies, but don't start painting till the first!  Here is how it will work.  There will be a theme each month, detailing what figures you can paint.  BEFORE Jan 15 you must state if you are participating AND must provide a picture of the UNPAINTED and UNASSEMBLED figure(s).  BEFORE Jan 31 you must post a picture of the FINISHED model.  Use anything you like, including flock and cinematic effects.  Once you have posted your picture people will start "liking" your post with the finished models.  The top five with the most likes will then be publicly voted on to decide the winner!  This months theme is characters, and if a pack has two characters in it you must paint both (exam. if you chose Major Beauregard you must paint Clock-o-Dile as well).  Good luck!!

The built-in polling mechanism that is available to anyone that originates a thread is limited to 10 choices. (Unless it was upgraded when these forums were restored.)

I learned that from organizing the voting for similar efforts in the Dystopian Wars threads. Might be a good idea to give some thought ---in advance--- to how your voting will be conducted. You might luck out and have only nine finished entries, or you might declare that the organizer will choose the top ten, or you might go with something more complex. But I'd advise getting this sorted well before it is needed.

Pendrake, thanks of the advice, I'll make some changes! Ureel, congrats on being the first to join the competition!  And RiftsCommando, February is coming (soon)!

Changes:  Once you have posted your picture people will start "liking" your post with the finished models.  The top five with the most likes will then be publicly voted on to decide the winner!

Well, my starters both came in yesterday, so I think I might actually be able to enter into this.

I'll be able to post up the unassembled model later tonight, but I'll be doing up Smethington for this contest.

Nevermind, it seems that events have transpired against my having the time to find my camera and do that.  Perhaps next contest, I'll be able to join.

I'm really sad that not much members have joined that contest.

Here are some Pics of my finished Colonel MacDonald. I know it's just the normal standard but I like him.

6392_331482406964764_894478891_n.jpg

12607_331482383631433_1884742532_n.jpg

408473_331482386964766_1714157159_n.jpg

545253_331482416964763_1308226345_n.jpg

I know, I just make a joke... It makes me sad to see, that when i understand your rules, we are just 3 challengers. because there are just 3 pics of unpainted models. i thought the more community members would join this contest :(

Dont be too disheartened guys, Dystopian Legions is a young game yet, technically not actually released yet so I'd say its safe to assume that there are 2 main camps on it, one that eagerly jumped at the game, bought their minis, painted them up, then heard about the contest, and another where people are sat on the fence to see how the rules play out or how the game picks up in their area.

Dystopian wars had been out for years before the painting contests picked up really, and already had a big following.

I'm definatly in camp1^^. sure i've never played the game but i love the minis and the setting and there are many good painters  in this community....they have also painted very detailed DL Minis (and all of them can be proud of their painted minis) but i wonder why they won't join this contest. thats the only reason which makes me "sad". If u know what i mean

I noticed this tread too late, but I'm sure you'll give this honourable EotBS player a chance to participate. My entry: master Kozo Okinawa (between other guys, you'll recognise him by his blade).

IMG_0967.JPG

Photo was taken on 9 January, according to the pic-information. Now let's put some colour on the "aloof and joyless man".

If the organiser believes I violate his rules too much, I'll just join outside of the competition ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.