Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mourganath

Wave 2 Studio Models

Hey guys, been busying away and not posted here for a while. The wave 2 dystopian legions models recently went up on the blog, which means I can now post some of my own close-ups of them. Hope you like!

First up is some additions to the british line infantry in the form of a heavy weapons team wit flame thrower.

spartan1_zps8be6d817.jpg

Next is major Beaureguard and his clockodile. the clockodile was especially fun to paint.

spartan4_zps70c8c097.jpg

Finally Professor Gustardt and Siegfried, alot of charcter in these, and an unexpected challenge on Seigfried as hes actually quite tricky to paint charcter into is face and get good photos of him, without im looking alot like Hitler.

spartan3_zps92d7dd1d.jpg

As always comments/questions/critique always welcome, and I hope to bring you some wave 3 peices soon!

Oh hey hendybadger, stumbled across your review blog last night, have to say I was a little dismayed by the hyphenated pro-painted and preference for unpainted box pics ;) Like a bullet to my heart man, a bullet to my heart!

Afraid spartan gets dibs on announcing their stuff so I can't really comment on what wave 3 contains until I see it in the public domain already.

Oh hey hendybadger, stumbled across your review blog last night, have to say I was a little dismayed by the hyphenated pro-painted and preference for unpainted box pics ;) Like a bullet to my heart man, a bullet to my heart!

Afraid spartan gets dibs on announcing their stuff so I can't really comment on what wave 3 contains until I see it in the public domain already.

I meant it as a way for players to see exactly what they are getting. Some companies can make things look better than they actually are.

But in the reviews I have also been using the studio model pics for each section! How could I not? The prettiness!

I meant it as a way for players to see exactly what they are getting. Some companies can make things look better than they actually are.

But in the reviews I have also been using the studio model pics for each section! How could I not? The prettiness!

Heh, i'll let you off just tis once ;)

Nice reviews btw, i'd not even seen some of those pics myself

Thanks. My favourite pic has to be the one of Smethington next to a plane with FLSH on the tail.

Now I have covered the Wave 2 stuff I am working on the FSA and EBS Starters.

Then got to try and be patient and wait for the Wave 3 stuff, whatever that may be. Any ideas?

Want to cover every release that Spartan do.

Thanks. My favourite pic has to be the one of Smethington next to a plane with FLSH on the tail.

Now I have covered the Wave 2 stuff I am working on the FSA and EBS Starters.

Then got to try and be patient and wait for the Wave 3 stuff, whatever that may be. Any ideas?

Want to cover every release that Spartan do.

Annouced on their blog for early next year, they have shown some mini tanks, field artillery and such. If you give the store a looksie I think theres some bits available for pre-order for january too. Not really my place to say anything beyond that.

All the models sent to me have been painted and returned to Spartan, I even remembered to get some close up shots of them all before they were bundled away! Though you'l have to wait till spartan releases them upon the world for that ;)

Must be a nightmare.

You know whats coming but cant tell anyone.

If I were in your shoes I would probably be in court for breach of contract, insider dealing and breaking the Spartan Official Secrets Act.

Love the painting. Did you do the Lucifyre and Faust that was on show at Warfare?

Hopefully the wave 3 models sould be unleashed soon so I can post pics :)

Must be a nightmare. You know whats coming but cant tell anyone. If I were in your shoes I would probably be in court for breach of contract, insider dealing and breaking the Spartan Official Secrets Act. Love the painting. Did you do the Lucifyre and Faust that was on show at Warfare?

I'm not sure, it depends which one was on display at Warfare. I painted the wrought iron faust, not the beaten up uniformed one. Sadly I never got chance to get finished pictures as the deadline was so close bits of him were being packed up ready to be mailed off by our frenzied logistics guy the moment I put them down to pick up a new peice.

Heres some pics of the nearly finished peice I got on my iPhone for you though;

IMG_0540_zpsf43740b6.jpg

IMG_0539_zpsda45dff1.jpg

IMG_0538_zps6b9477fc.jpg

IMG_0537_zps518a5ad4.jpg

IMG_0536_zpsc042b682.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsc70b1fdb.jpg

Oddly I havn't been sent any vehicles since the initial batch nor any blazing sun faction models, I can only assume they are done in house or sent to other painters. Only about half the Americans are my work too.

Hope this helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.