tank0625

Official Marauders & Mercenaries Thread: OSO OmniDyne

I have two of them and neither did. :(

The Omi dyne fighter and bomber SRS tokens are missing too from the single models.

Shaun

I pulled the trigger on 2 Foundries in an online shop at a nice discount.

Curiously enough both came in different-sized blisters - One was huge with lots of room, and the other was (almost too) small and the models just fit into it.

Unexpectedly they came with 2 big and 2 small SRS tokens.

So I have no clue whether or not I've been sent old or new blisters or w/e.

You might want to email SG stating your dreadnoughts came without any tokens.

I was lacking some Terran ones from my Valhalla box, and I emailed SG.

They replied they would pass my mail on and they would send out replacements for the missing parts, so kudos to SG for customer service!

Received my third and final Foundry - Don't ask  :wacko:

This one didn't contain the SRS tokens.

Was also missing some WR shields from the fleet box.

Guess I'll drop an email to SG again.

Have you gotten a reply yet?

Sounds similar to when my Directorate battle station came without a base; mailed Spartan about it, got a whole new battle station... sans base. d:

Not as of yet,  sent it on Wednesday. I wonder if I sent an E-mail to the wrong address.  I sent it to the despatch for packaging issues etc.  I have a feeling I won't get much of a response since both Foundries were bought from an American store and not from the Spartan online store.  So I may be out of luck.  Honestly I would just like to buy them.  I only need one of each kind and if I need more than that (doubtful) I would just proxy with my Directorate SRS tokens.

Something I wish Spartan would add to their store:  SRS tokens from every faction so I can replace damaged or broken ones.  Or in this case if they don't want to replace the ones missing I can just buy them.  Additionally; large bases plz k thx.  I managed to lose one in the process of shuffling my stuff around in the storage (nerd things and Christmas things) room.  If I could buy bases I'd buy two of the kind with three pegs.  That would fix the issue with the back heavy Foundry by just drilling a third hole.  That way I wouldn't have to glue it to the base.

You said not to ask but... I have got to know why you have three Foundry Dreadnoughts?!

[sNIP]

You said not to ask but... I have got to know why you have three Foundry Dreadnoughts?!

Simple really:

I love Omnidyne, Foundries are rock hard, I don't magnetize ship parts, and I also need at least 2 battleships to get to 2000 points :P

Hoping to get a third battleship once SG puts the individual parts up for sale - Not buying a fourth Foundry  :P

Also, I got all three quite cheap from a mainland Europe web shop.

With the Euro being as weak as it is lately shopping in the UK just doesn't make sense  :(

And I would love some of the 3-peg bases too. I've been looking at other solutions too including DIY stands with screw pegs, but some models just need more than one peg (I'm looking at you Kedorians).

Makes sense.  I magnetized one of the Foundries so I could run a battleship with a dreadnought or just straight up TWO dreadnoughts and tell my opponent "deal with this."  I need to actually paint them now, but I also turned the center hull of the magnetized one into a counts as carrier by taking the sides of an auditor off (sad day because what's left is so thin it can't be used as wreckage even).

I'm going to try to emulate the studio design in fading colors.  Going to use a dark red instead of blue because I want to make liberal use of blue energy effects in those big spheres near the back of the foundry sides.  The two blues would just mesh too much.

Sounds similar to when my Directorate battle station came without a base; mailed Spartan about it, got a whole new battle station... sans base. d:

Still sounds like a good deal.

I'll trade you a base for the model otherwise. I'll even throw in a second base for free  :lol:

To be fair, the only battlestation that actually comes with a base to my knowldge is the aquan one, being, you know, an orb. The rest are supposed to stand on the table.

If they ditched the acrylic the Directorate station could.  I can see the legs wobble precariously when I set it on the table.  Those pieces are just so weak.  Also the small bases are dirt cheap and easily accessible.  I like having it on a base primarily for measuring and LOS.  Stations are meant to be big, yes, but I like to keep things consistent.

My battle station and platforms had no flight stands in the box.  I had a couple of extra laying around from a flight stand thing I picked up for terrain or future wrecks.  The station also may need to be drilled deeper to get it to sit without wobbling, or you could use some model putty like green stuff to seat it.

Just got a response back from Spartan.  They say that SRS tokens have never been packaged with the OmniDyne dreadnought.  I'm digging deeper into this.  If I can buy them individually I will.

**EDIT**

I missed the second E-mail in my inbox in the same conversation thread.  OmniDyne SRS tokens do indeed come with the Dreadnought, or are supposed to.  They're actually going to send some tokens my way.  

Spartan, you guys really do have great customer service.  Thank you!

Well the Foundry didn't have SRS tokens originally BluFlcn as it was on its own with the gunship and corvettes in blisters back in the first version of the Marauders book.

but remember seeing the SRS tokens for Omni Dyne in the Parts section with a few others for Marauders for a short while, on the old web store before it got updated.

Shaun

For now Spartan seems content to honor the fact that the dreadnought should have SRS tokens.  They sent me two emails, one after the other.  The first one said no dice, the second one said they were mistaken and they should actually have them.  So they're sending me a couple of tokens.  To that I say 'cheers!' and yes I am sure they will sort out the Marauders in the future.  I am chomping at the bit for a pirate box set and all resin models.  They're probably low priority, though.