We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

tank0625

Official Marauders & Mercenaries Thread: OSO OmniDyne

Quite true, it is going to pack more of punch than the corvette, plus you're de-crewing whatever you're targeting.  Though I did have another thought on a walk this afternoon, what if anytime Omnidyne used Biohazard torpedoes, say with a critical hit turned the ship into a Pathogen XV-9 ship. 

I haven't heard anything about it yet. It looks like were getting a break over Christmas, but Im hoping to see the Marauders play testing early next year. Omnidyne plays a rather large role in the MotR fluff so I cant imagine they would just be dropped, on the other hand I don't know how the marauders will be integrated or if they even will like the alliance races so its possible they may get rolled up with the Directorate :/.

The models could continue as corporate raiders/mercs without being omnidyne

The name is right there in one pic caption. As I said, i can see it going from "Omnidyne" to "Corporate mercs-that also work for the Omnidyne". In effect it just means the ships are no longer strictly and only omnidyne ships, merely that omnidyne is one fleet among some that utilizes them. It also gives you reason to have omnidyne fleet fighting vs Aquans, who had no business being in the Rift...

So about the Executive class Battleship - I at first thought it was just one-third of the Foundry class Dreadnought, but (as has been said elsewhere in this thread) I am pretty sure the model in the two pictures in MotR is not one-third of the Dread.  The front is different, certainly, and it sounds like there are other issues (flight peg business) that mark the Dread-third as different from the battleship.

Can we expect to get a model of the Executive, then?

And here's to getting updated 2.0 rules for all the MotR :).

Hm...if the battleship is a third of the dread....the new DN will have to be twice as strong as the battleship, bare minimum. I'm thinking two battleships, welded to a flat style carrier like the Ares. The ship to end all ships! Or at the very least one with stats worthy of that sweet model :P

So, work it out. How will the leader in ART's look in the coming changes? Also these had better be able to take a butt ton of upgrades, and the Foundry needs some new hotness too. I'm really hoping the Foundry lives up to its fluff and can buff allied forces too (Rearm with multiple options for various weapons systems and effects)!!!

Maybe I'm spoiled from playing Aquans, but Omnidyne firing arcs seem to shoehorn them into a gunline fleet. Everything smaller than the battleship only has a single arc of fire (fore). If the only ships you want to mix it up are your (relatively) slow larges, you faster mediums and smalls are just going to spend the whole game retreating to keep their noses pointed at the enemy.

That's not a problem if you like that style of play, but I don't. It's a shame because I think the ships look really neat.

Honestly all the tests I did with them had Directorate ships (at the time they could still take Directorate) and it wasn't a big deal because the Directorate's turrets made up for any deficiencies in Omnidynes setup. Now I'm not sure how I'll approach them though.

The Synergy is pretty cool and a super cheap way for anyone to add cyberwarfare to their fleets.

I can't get over the new Omnidyne ships.  Best of all Directorate abilities.  ARTs in a model that's impossible to kill?  Yes please!  Ugh now I need to get some of these guys.  AND I've just ordered a bunch of Works Raptor!  Blah!

Little bummed though because I've just ordered a Titan, and now there's a new Dreadnought in the game that's even tankier!  

I definitely do like guns on the fore and I have a soft spot for Dindrenzi and Directorate. I think that's one reason I really like Omnidyne: they have cyberwarfare and are very prow heavy. I'm actually kind of surprised though that the Foundry is not given the Impervious MAR. Comparing the Foundry to the Retribution, I am pretty happy about it. It seems like the Nausicaa is to the Praetorian as the Retribution is to the Fountry in that the Retribution and Nausicaa are super gun blaster ships. The Foundry seems more like an all-rounder ship. It's durable with 7/12 and 2 shields (you can buy up to 4!), has wings, has cyberwarfare, still has pretty good beams and awesome torpedoes. 

Here is how I plan to build them:

Tank Foundry: add cyberwarfare, torpedoes, 1 shield, self-repair for a weaponry monster tank. Probably will add 2 Synergys with the PD and Bigger Batteries upgrade.

Carrier Foundry: 2 wing capacity (12 fighters), self-repair, cyberwarfare and synergys with cyberwarefare. 

Similar with the Executive thought it becomes a little more tricky, it seems. ARTs, torpedoes, and shield for tankyness. I think there is a build in there with one of the wing upgrades just for interceptors so you can take Synergys as weapon link ships. Seems good for smaller games. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.