Sign in to follow this  
stoevers

Prussian-Danish-Vikings

@Wandelaar: Thank you

@von Klinkerhoffen: I was a little unsure if the photos are good enough to notice the technique. Thank you too.

Now I´ve got 1000Points painted. The last models are the TFTs of my Skyfortress:

IMG_1826_zps384330a8.jpg

IMG_1829_zps162043d7.jpg

Wrong tokens?? You are right, but this are the tokens out of the skyfortress blister :)

Before I finish this project with my list and a great fleet picture I´ve got something to smile about for you:

IMG_1831_zpsafa08361.jpg

It´s based on the Hindenburg ;)

Like I promised:

My 1000pts army list (PE):

* Emperor Class Battleship (170pts)

Lethal Strike (Tesla Coils), Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Tesla Generator

* Königsberg Class Battlecruiser (120pts)

Attachment (Medium, Naval, 1), Lethal Strike (Speerschleuder, Tesla Coils), Lightning Rod (Speerschleuder), Limited Availability (750), Redoubtable (Speerschleuder, Tesla Coils)

* 2x Reiver Class Cruiser (140pts)

Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Lethal Strike (Tesla Coils)

* 4x Arminius Class Frigate (100pts)

Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Small Target

* 4x Arminius Class Frigate (100pts)

Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Small Target

* 5x Saxony Class Corvette (100pts)

Elusive Target, Fast Target

* Imperium Class Sky Fortress (135pts)

Elite Crew, Fuel Reserves, Lethal Strike (Tesla Coils), Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Tiny Flyer Complement (6)

* 2x Pflicht Class Scoutship (130pts)

Air Hunter (Broadsides), Electrical Defences, Lethal Strike (Tesla Coils), Redoubtable (Tesla Coils), Spotter

Σ 995pts

And the pictures of the final setup of my fleet:

IMG_1854_zpsa94b8c44.jpg

IMG_1853_zpsd258d802.jpg

IMG_1859_zpsbf1098f0.jpg

IMG_1850_zps9d86a6d1.jpg

I´m ready with painting ... ready for the first battle!

@von Klinkerhoffen: thank you for your comments

and a 'thank you' to all others who kept track of this painting blog

In the far future I may ad a Blucher and/or a Jäger-and-Speerschleuder-Sq.

But for now I´m done with my PE-fleet and my hollydays :)

Good work, I must say. Nice lightning effect. You play, with the normal Prussian Rules, not the Danish, don't you?

Because with the Rules of the Kingdom of Denmark from Storm of Steel, they can't use Large/Massive Flyers or the Hussars. Instead of this, they use the Skagerrak Gunship.

@von Klinkerhoffen: good idea. but since it´s a corvette I think it has to be a complex scenario to keep the winning chances equal.

My idea was to build damaged ships, fliers, terrain etc. to mix up the static models who present perfectly build or repaired vessels in a dynamic battle situation.

(hope this was not to bad english)

@emmachine: I´m a big Tesla fan and got this fleet with the skyfortress. It might not fit exactly into the background of the Kingdom of Denmark, but I think it might look great on the table ;)  To answer your question: I´ll play them as PE

I really like this fleet. I can understand a desire to move away from the more usual grey look. Even though I have just started painting my RoF with grey being the base colour lol. I guess I just didn't put enough imagination into my colour scheme. You have made a unique, very cohesive fleet that looks very striking. Good effort!

If I ever do a Prussian fleet I am going to steal your lightning idea. That's really cool.

Oh and I will steal your flaming tiny flyer idea for my RoF ;)

Lovely fleet so far, excellent colour scheme which really sets it apart from the standard grey fleets! Your commander does have a tendency for self destruction though, might need to get him checked  :P

Are you planning to add any of the Danish ships to the fleet?

@catalyst2: thank you

@Galvainn: thank you too

Well I like the design of the danish ships.

But they lack in Tesla ... and after I tried mines with my KoB, I decided to be to clumpsy to use them right :)

A long time after I closed my "paintig blog", I still receive kind go on!! and likes of you.

Beeing motivated by that and by some skilled PE-players here who claim the Reiver isn´t just cannon fodder but a boarding thread too I painted the last of my 3 Reivers.

With this Reiver I tried again to use the thin guitar-string effective ... so have a look by your selve:

IMG_2233_zpsdd3c69c4.jpg

IMG_2236_zpsc4cac684.jpg

IMG_2234_zps3e39a400.jpg

IMG_2235_zps0432d00e.jpg

Looking great once again! Great lighting effects around the Tesla beams and a very crisp painting. I hope you will add other ships to your fleet, because it deserves to be expanded.

Also, do you happen to have a group shot of the fleet as a whole?

@Galvainn: Thank you the 2nd time ;)  (or did I overread an earlier comment of you?)

I´ve been very lazy and the Saxony and the Reiver are the only "new" ships from the fleet I posted a page before. But I´ll post another picture of the whole fleet, at least by the time my DW-gaming table is ready.

For now I did something "special" ...

IMG_2238_zpsc80224a4.jpg

IMG_2239_zps51a36bfd.jpg

IMG_2240_zpsca554505.jpg

This will be a "Speerschleuder"-marker for my Königsberg :)Zapp