Doc1234

New Small Robot

The new small robot is up

http://shop.spartangames.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DWBS28

Large Squadrons of Bansan Class Small Robots are frightening opponents, both at close quarters and long range. The rotary rocket launcher operates like a huge Catherine wheel, with the blast of each rocket pushing the next tube into its firing position. It fires very rapidly, providing agile and powerful fire support for other units on the attack. It also functions as a highly effective mobile emplacement when a force using the robots is on the defensive.

Hmm on topic though looks like we may be getting a land version of our destroyer. Though those ground clamps could make it a nice tiny artillery unit? Hehe adorable little robots :D baby kagoshimas

Great, little Jap robots. The LAST thing we need (although maybe the Tennessee could crush them)

How is this the last thing we need? Admittedly there are a few things we could do with MORE (small flyer and dread spring to mind) but seeing as SG have shown no interest in more small fliers, and its doubtful they will release more DN any time soon... not really seeing a problem

Cant see them getting pack hunter and ground clamps, ground clamps is the more likely option of the two. They seem like they will be similar to our yurgi, just hope the rockets arnt FC :/ else clamps will be slightly pointless.

I could see some 4AD 360° rocket batery at RB1 through 3 with ground clamps, small target, incendiary ammo, 2HP, DR/CR 4(3)/5, Mv 6", AP2, AA1, CC1 for arround 30 to 35pts (maby less) and squadrons of 2 or 3 to 6.

Just my guess.

I could see some 4AD 360° rocket batery at RB1 through 3 with ground clamps, small target, incendiary ammo, 2HP, DR/CR 4(3)/5, Mv 6", AP2, AA1, CC1 for arround 30 to 35pts (maby less) and squadrons of 2 or 3 to 6.

Just my guess.

Agree.

For some reason our ground units have high AA. Maybe bump AA to 2.

Or if they go the bombard stat wise, 1's across the board

Doubt they will be 360, it says they fire from tubes in a catherine wheel type....thing. Look at our ships with 360 rockets, the little batteries look like they could tilt and swivel and are either covering our BB or on good places to point in the right direction like the mediums. Unlike the flyers broadsides and the yurgi which are conventional tubes. Think the most we can hope for is either a BS or 90 degree arc.

Haha this is true :D Cant seem to make up their minds if models are WYSIWYG or not. BUT, if they do have our typical long range rockets (and even more so if they get bombard) cant see them needing the 360, as they will end up on my back line, even better on a nice long hill :rolleyes:

Id agree if the legs were mounted underneath, but as far as i remember they attach two on each side. Think by that logic (not that model ever equals its rules that often ^^) think the more likely interms of its movement would be High Angle :P Which with our rockets wouldnt be all that usefull >>