Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hendybadger

Dystopian Legions Reviews

hello all, I've chosen to take up the mantle of posting unboxings/reviews I will attempt to post one or more each week until I have covered everything

I am starting with the Landwehr as they seem topical:

http://reviewwargame...n-landwehr.html

Comments and feedback welcome :)

Hooorraaayyy!!! Thank's for that nice review! Hope to see more of them in future ;).

I just got my Terrier and black watch in the mail.  

Black Watch all have some sort of assembly required except for one model.  It's mostly the arms, which is going to be a pain to remove any flash and make them fit. boo.

The Terrier is like a puzzle!  Everything is its own separate piece! The side guns chassis are separate, so you can aim it before gluing it,  and the gun on it is separate as well.  The lights on top of the treads is separate too! As is the cover on the treads, which is really odd.  so much detail that is going to be covered up.

Hello again, as promised here is my review of the hotchkiss with the steps I took to assemble it:

http://reviewwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/federated-states-of-america-m18673.html

I am new to writing instructions so comments and feedback would be welcome.

Next up will be the PE Knights box as I'll be assembling them ready for when my army painter gun metal primer arrives next week.

I feel the triangular part that fits to the gun with a ball-joint works better at a lower angle - I placed it at the same angle as the ammo belt. Drilling holes in the base to fit the wheels' and crew's tabs into also works well, and prevents the gun tipping over. I stuck the gun on the wrong way though, I thought the long edge of the base was forwards, but the latest pictures of Spartan's stuff show the short edge is forwards :(

You've done a good job on the instructions.

I had trouble with the General Conveyor I put together. The front and back parts were very different sizes. This is normal with resin, but the tank had to be put together in a trapezoid shape. The back axels for the tread wheels wouldn't line up with the wheels. As usual for Legions tanks, some parts of the treads are made of metal and are glued on separately. Unlike the other tanks I've put together, the metal treads are not formed and instead come as straight pieces that you're expected to bend yourself. Unfortunately, I found that the treads were thin and bending them caused them to tear. Even when bent carefully, they didn't cover the entire part of the track section they were supposed to cover. They weren't long enough, or the resin part was too large.

With the floor of the model, it might matter which way around it is placed - some pictures of the conveyor show some kind of weapon fitting inside the rectangular slot. You can see them in the rulebook.

By the way, with those Brit tank doors, I've found they're easiest to assemble closed if you use two paper clip pins attached across the underside of the two doors. This braces them, prevents them from sagging and allows you to have a small gap between the doors instead of gluing the edges together. This makes the assembled door piece wider, so they can sit on both the hinges properly.

I found the treads exactly the right length, but they really are just so, if you go too far to one end, they fall short at the other.  I also found them to bend okay, so maybe they've thickened the metal since the first batch (I only bought mine last month).

I too am a little concerned about the floor plate, as I am aware of the upcoming weapons upgrades for the vehicles. Although I think this is a wonderful idea, and great use of the minis we already have, a guide as to how to build the vehicles, with the later attachment of these upgrades in mind would not be a bad idea.

Great idea for the hatch doors, although I do think I'll be leaving mine open.

Hello all, after a long break I am back.

Empire Rocket section review http://reviewwargames.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/dystopian-legions-empire-of-blazing-sun.html

Going to do the KoB APC next. Any requests after that?

Did you try to assemble them? How well did all the small parts fit? I still have nightmares after assembling the hose on the flamethrower of the KoB specalist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.