Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sasori

My Britannian Force

1st Section of Dragoons are assembled, and hope to see the table next week. I'll try to get a coat of paint on them before then, but I promise nothing.

2014-01-31+23.16.01.jpg

These guys were not fun to assemble. I thought the arms were for any of the bodies, but they are not. I tried pinning them, but was unsuccessful. In the end they are held on with blobs of green stuff and copious amounts of crazy glue. I hope they hold!

Still, I like the end result, and at least I know better for my second Section (which is just awaiting replacement parts). I think I'll add some pennants to the backs of these guys, to distinguish the two Sections, that should be fun!

A sneak peak of my General Conveyor.

Some of the little add-ons I am using for decoration.

The Driver

2014-06-22+23.28.09.jpg

I'm really not sure of the blue face mask, it looks okay on its own, but I have painted the conveyor in blue, like my tanks, and it doesn't seem to go once he is in situ. Thankfully he is magnetised, so can be repainted at will.

The Pennant

2014-06-21+22.27.44.jpg2014-06-21+22.27.53.jpg

The flag is based on this, which is to go with my 91st Highlanders (see previous posts).

05scroll3.gif

It looks fine from a distance, but doesn't bear close scrutiny.

The Conveyor is done, but I want to take the time for some nice pictures. I also want to make the hatch doors so they can be open of closed, and I haven't yet figures out how to do the open configuration (closed is easy).

Obviously as your Britanian chaps don't look like they're in North African combats. ;)

Indeed they are von Klinkerhoffen, well spotted! ;)

Well, more Southern African in inspiration, but I'll not quibble the details!

In fact, these guys are based in exactly the same fashion, as eventual opponents (probably for IHMN).

Indeed they are von Klinkerhoffen, well spotted! ;)

Well, more Southern African in inspiration, but I'll not quibble the details!

Like the Victorian inspiration for your colour scheme.  Your driver (above) looks good, hoping that Spartan get around to these?

Like the Victorian inspiration for your colour scheme.  Your driver (above) looks good, hoping that Spartan get around to these?

The APC comes with two driver models, that is one of them. If you close the hatch on your APC, you just see the back of his head.

Here we go with the rest of the Conveyor pics, only the hatch to do, once I figure out how to make the open hatch a removable option (I already know how I'm going to make the closed hatch removable, that bit's easy!).

2014-06-24+07.56.14.jpg2014-06-24+07.56.25.jpg2014-06-24+07.56.38.jpg2014-06-24+07.56.48.jpg2014-06-24+07.57.11.jpg

Like I said, the blue mask looks a little out of place when he's in his seat (picture 3). I may change that for another colour that sticks out a little more. Not that he wants his face to stick out, that's how you get shot in the face, but for gaming/modelling purposes, I think it's preferable.

Larger pictures can be found here. C&C welcome as always.

Overall, it looks good. I like the mud effects you have going. I would have done the blues a bit darker in areas. With the amount of mud you have on the side steps, I think there would be more mud on the floor of the vehicle. Love the idea of that mud!

Some WIPs of my Light Dragoons. Putting these here to increase the number of pics of these models online. A quick google search for inspiration led only to the pics I had already posted on my blog.

Get to it people! ;)

2014-07-16+22.39.54.jpg2014-07-16+22.40.35.jpg

So 2 units, so far identical in their paint scheme, with different bases to differentiate (the first unit has tiles on the base, the second fences). As always more pics here, and C&C always welcome.

A n army shot, as she stands right now.  Lots of paint still to slop on to have fully painted, but I'm getting there.

20140717_233658.jpg

The only thing not yet built is the box of Hussars. That will be done after I get the Dragoons finished.

Haven't decided which unit to base hem on yet. I've yet to give the uniforms more than the base coat of colours. That is a good suggestion though (though the caps may not be quite right).

Had a 300 point battle vs Prussia last night, where I played the Black Wolf Landing Party and the Dragoons as my Veteran sections. I was hugely impressed by the performace of both. At that point level, they really work out, but I don't know if I would play both at lower levels, as they eat into the pints more than the Hussars.

Either way, the inspiration to get them finished is there now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.