Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sasori

My Britannian Force

Thank you, I'm quite pleased with them, they paint up really well, and it's a little break from all the red I plan for the rest of the army.

I may have to go buy another section soon, although I was holding off to see if another type of mainstay section was announced.

I have painted up some 95th Rifles before, and I used the same scheme here, but I wanted these guys to be more like the 60th, or King's Royal Rifle Corp as they were renamed. That way, if there's ever a version of the 95th released, or a Sharpe type character at a later point, I won't have a duplicate set of minis (at least as far as paint scheme).

But yes, the inspiration behind going for a rifle green is always Sharpe! :P

My second HMG, painted in the colours of the Royal Artillery, which is fortuitous, as this will be the perfect colour for the Gun Section, once I get my hands on one of those beauties. Original post here.

IMG_9113.JPGIMG_9112.JPGIMG_9111.JPGIMG_9110.JPG

Started on my 3rd Section, and decided to go wth the 91st Highlanders (this was all decided and started before there was the announcement of the Black Watch). There have been some mior conversions on these guys, mainly by changing the cuffs, and adding Scottish pattern pockets to make the jacket a bit different (some WIPs of the conversions can be found here).

Anyway, the first of the minis is mostly finished, so I thought I'd post him here.

20130716_224435.jpg

The flash makes the front pouches a little more grey than they are in real life, but I'm happy the way the tartan worked out.

Here's the inspiration for the scheme:

Zulu+war.jpg

More on the scheme here.

C&C welcome as always.

You could try giving the gold colour on the gun a wash, my instinct would be to use black, but Brown might work better, that should help the detail on those parts stand out.

Nice work on the tartan though lines like that are difficult.

There's a wash of Gryphonne Sepia over the gold on the gun already, It's better in real life than the flash on the camera makes the pic look, but thanks for the comment.

What the flash allows us to see on the tartan, it takes away in the metallics, but hey, it's just with my phone camera! ;)

Hi,

nice work, but you have to use the tartan for the Black Watch ;)

Do you use glace varnish or is it just the flash? I like it more to use "anti-shine" or beamless(?) varnish.

Greetings Piper

Thanks for that Piper. In fact, the Black Watch will also be painted tartan, no choice of course. Fortunately, the Black Watch tartan (or Government Issue tartan to give it its real name) is simpler, in that it doesn't have the red stripe. Anyway, what's to stop me making the rest of my army Scottish too? ;)

There's no glaze or varnish, that's just the flash from my camera phone. I hope to get better pics once they are fully completed. After that, I may have to give them a coat of dullcote as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.