Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyingsockmonkey

Is Spartan Going To Release Scenery, Too?

Topic.

I wonder what buildings are used in their pics? Cuz seriously, I want them.

I have trees... I have a log cabin (that is actually a bird house from michaels, but it doesn't look like a bird house, and it's exactly the right scale... perfect for FSA scenery)... but no houses.

Are the houses in Spartan's pics their own? Or are they a certain brand?

Does anyone have any ideas for what brand to use...?

On FRPgames.com or other websites, when you click on 28mm terrain, there's like thousands of products and so difficult to wade through them to even find something half decent (especially for the money...dang terrain can be pricey).

Topic.

I wonder what buildings are used in their pics? Cuz seriously, I want them.

I have trees... I have a log cabin (that is actually a bird house from michaels, but it doesn't look like a bird house, and it's exactly the right scale... perfect for FSA scenery)... but no houses.

Are the houses in Spartan's pics their own? Or are they a certain brand?

Does anyone have any ideas for what brand to use...?

On FRPgames.com or other websites, when you click on 28mm terrain, there's like thousands of products and so difficult to wade through them to even find something half decent (especially for the money...dang terrain can be pricey).

Download the PDF and read the terrain rules carefully. That will help you decide what terrain would be useful. Read the base sizes thread if you haven't already because there has been some discussion about the way 30 and 40mm round bases might interact with terrain. And yes, terrain is expensive.

This is why some of us build our own terrain.

There is a LOT of stuff already on the market. I would want Spartan to concentrate on models and vehicles.

Yes. Although, I can think of some things that are not on the market they could consider making. It would be a poor plan to do farmhouses or trees, but unique to Spartan Steampunk artifacts would be useful like cranes, gun turrets, rocket launchers or a flak battery.

Pop down to your local, model train/hobby shop for generic trees and walls etc. Buildings may be more difficult due to the size of Dystopian figures which are NOT the standard 28mm/ 1/56 wargame scale but more the 32mm/ 1/48 scale. The buildings from Dust Tactics might suit for a large manor house.

There is a LOT of stuff already on the market. I would want Spartan to concentrate on models and vehicles.

I concur.

Time is always a pain with terrein, too much pewter to paint. No spare for buliding, well, buildings. I hace some 15mm stuff that has been sitting in a box for over 2 years now.

I tend to get my stuff from eBay, picked up some nice Victoriana type buildings for admittedly alot of cash, but came fully painted and ready to rock.

I have also seen some nice stuff in the 'ruined hamlet' style, looks about right.

Also agree with the scale, DL figures are a bit bigger than the industry standard, so much the same as the nottingham money grabbers, games company which have over the years been fed some steroids and bulked up a bit. Sorry, ranting. However, the detail on the models is excellant so I don't mind.

1/48 is the same scale as 1/4" dollhouse (a few mdf style buildings out there) and the US 'O' gauge scale. There are various options out there, I'm tempted to order some stuff from Rusty Rail - they do an interesting range of resin scenics, but the postage might be prohibitive to ship it across the Atlantic. A couple of the oddball 1/48 scale planes (auto-giros) and some WW1 planes might be usable as scenery pieces/objectives.

I was trying to find a 1/48 scale steam traction engine, but haven't been able to find any cheap ones. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.