Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shloaksta

My Kob

I just got back in to painting miniatures. In my gaming group here I mainly did terrain, so I had to buy all new paints and just now noticed that I did not have any washes nor Have I ever used any before. Do you just brush it on, or dip them in the wash?

I have yet to start on my PE legion and the FSA.

For the FSA I am going to go with something unconventional and paint them in a scarlet and gray scheme. Something akin to the OSU Buckeys being from Ohio.

Most paint lines have washes in various colors. Do not use them straight out of the bottle. I buy extra empty bottles and then make my own mix ratios. I'll mix water to paint at 2/1, 5/1 and 10/1 of black and flesh tone and always have them on hand. Lighter washes like yellow or green don't need to be mixed down as much. I use a .25” wide brush and just brush on the wash over the whole model. Sometimes a drop of liquid detergent in the wash is good so the wash doesn't bead up on large flat surfaces. You can then go in an touch up or brighten some areas as desired by drybrushing and highlighting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.