Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ureel

Ureel's Prussian Legion

Started my Prussian force (hopefully one day it will be a legion :lol: ) with the starter set:

P1070421.jpg

Started painting my first Prussian soldiers. These are just basecoated and await more detailling.

P1070424.jpg

Check back soon ;)

Man these are really good . I have had mine sitting on my desk for weeks now just to unsure of my self. I am bit worried about getting them started. I have not painted 28 mm in 15 years. Scared I am going to mess them up

That was the intention. And it also makes him stand out more which is great :-D

I plan on giving my 2nd grenadier squad green jackets, which would make them Saxons. (the dark bleu ones are prussians) At least thats what some historical website is telling me :-p

That was the intention. And it also makes him stand out more which is great :-D

I plan on giving my 2nd grenadier squad green jackets, which would make them Saxons. (the dark bleu ones are prussians) At least thats what some historical website is telling me :-p

In (our) 1870 Saxon Line infantry wore dark blue tunics like the Prussians with red collar and cuffs.  The artillery wore green tunics with red collars and cuffs piped green, and engineers were similar.  The Schtuzen also wore green.

Prior to the unification of Germany in 1866 the infantry wore a sky blue tunic with cuffs, piping and collars in the Brigade colour - 1st - red, 2nd - yellow, 3rd - black, and 4th (Lieb) - white.  The Saxons fought with the Austrians and were present at Koniggratz.

I have been brief, but at the end of the day it is up to you how you paint your figures. :)

Thanks for the input. You certainly know a lot more about the history-side :-D

I have painted some extra though: a WIP kettenkarre

P1070490_zps742b7462.jpg

I still need to add some battle damage and maybe a squad marking. :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.