Aimlessfreak

Official Marauders & Mercenaries Thread: OSO Corsairs

Coolest Looking Fleet?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yaargh, Matey!

No seriously, if they are raiding space pirates they should have numerous fast-ship options, decent boarding capability, plenty of variety so that the vessels are not all the same (a rag-tag band). Armour should be relatively weak. There should be a lack of large ship classes, but plenty of frigate options. They should probably be no match for a proper navy unless they outnumber them heavily. They also need methods of ambush and escape so they can surprise those who would otherwise hold an advantage over them, and then escape from the vessels that would quickly defeat them. ;) I think I'd like to see a frigate-oriented fleet.

That's my opinion. Without some major differences they'll just be another faction with a different name, and consequently not very pirate-ish. I'm preparing to be disappointed. :P

don't forget the black market selling to both sides and selling weponds to some of the weaker factions

Valued Pirate Captain Customer! Welcome to Crazy Hassan's humble Used Space Camels emporium! Your ship broken down? Blown to pieces by Terran Navy? No worry, valued pirate customer! Crazy Hassan has just the kind of genetically modified camel you need!

Take a look at this fine camel! It comes with shunt drive, only slightly used by the Directoriate Racing Team, and two Hellrazor lasers mounted on the humps! Their firing computers are only mildly retarded! Crazy Hassan will also throw in this pack of X9-V sealant to keep it going even if the legs fall off! Not that they would, Hassan sells only finest camels in all of galaxy! I see you have a goldfish there, valued corsair customer! You plan on raiding Aquans? Hassan has first class underwater camels too, mostly watertight!

I voted for the fourth option, IronJaw is nuts. It's a secret option ;)

Actually, the ships are pretty damn cool looking and paint job and campaign cover book are pretty sweet (I'll be borrowing heavily from the Campaign art for my Veydreth ships).

No word on release dates though, eh?

Zak

I nulled to many sweet ships like I loved Relthoza so that was the fleet I got. I really like these, but I also really like syndicate, Bakash, RSN, Veydreth. Like each race has a ship or two AT LEAST that makes me go " that is sweeet!"

I decided this afternoon that I was going to do a Marauders fleet once I've finished with my Terrans, so I've written a list made up of my favourites from the ships seen so far, and here it is:

Armageddon Class Dreadnought with 4 interceptors 290 pts

Phantom Class Battleship with 4 interceptors 200 pts

Racketeer Class Battle Carrier with 6 bombers 210 pts

3 Brigand Class Cruisers 180 pts

3 Brigand Class Cruisers 180 pts

Spur Class Heavy Cruiser 100 pts

Spur Class Heavy Cruiser 100 pts

6 Outlaw Class Frigates 120 pts

6 Slayer Class Frigates 120 pts

Total: 1500 pts

I obviously had to include the Racketeer because it is a Corsairs core fleet, so I hope it has a good model when that finally gets released! I haven't actually got the MotR book yet as I'm pretty damn broke (its on the Christmas list! :ph34r: ) so this list has been created using the documents available on the Black Ocean. I think it's a pretty solid list so go ahead and tear it apart!

Yes i think the book is worth it.

I even like the small format. It's easier to hold when you read it and it's cheaper. They should've considered this for the DW books as well. I only didn't get them because 25€ adds up pretty fast with their speed of releases and considering that you always want to get models already.