Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iamsimplythejeff

First Teutonic Knight

and here I thought Hurricane Season made a tasteful backdrop...

here you go, just wish the varnish didn't make it so tough to get a good photo - a real camera may help too...

And I swear that bloody mould line on the right leg was scraped and remained totally invisible until the varnish went on, now it's eating me up....

50a59a3f6bc66.jpg

50a59aa9e5cbb.jpg

50a59acc005f2.jpg

50a59b0062915.jpg

Wow...what detail! Especially the resin torso!

Also, that thing is so steampunk! Look at all those gears and pipes..

My favorite part? The hatch that the Knight has to crawl through to get into that one-piece walking tank!!!

Main body plating (I use all GW paints) was leadbelcher over a tan primer, shaded with nuln oil, highlighting drybrush of runefang steel, glaze with gulliman blue (of all the changes they recently made to the paint line, i am very much enjoying the glazes for consistent tinting over surfaces with minimum pooling) very light drybrush of runefang on the high points.

Main body plating (I use all GW paints) was leadbelcher over a tan primer, shaded with nuln oil, highlighting drybrush of runefang steel, glaze with gulliman blue (of all the changes they recently made to the paint line, i am very much enjoying the glazes for consistent tinting over surfaces with minimum pooling) very light drybrush of runefang on the high points.

thanks for that ! gw paint getting harder to find as the evil empire crumbles slowly here (singing ding dong the witch is dead )

thanks for that ! gw paint getting harder to find as the evil empire crumbles slowly here (singing ding dong the witch is dead )

I do like their washes/shades. Ran out of Badab Black 2 models into 6 Prussian Bombards. Finished with the N-oil shade. Can't really see the difference.

I do like their washes/shades. Ran out of Badab Black 2 models into 6 Prussian Bombards. Finished with the N-oil shade. Can't really see the difference.

their paints are excellant but, where i live , getting hard to acess , 3 lgs have stopped stocking them in the past 12 months !

Looking cool dude! Top tip for that sine problem, try out some testors dullcoat over the top of the varnish, should take tat shine right off, yet somehow leave the metalics shiney. Dunno how it works, I suspect witchcraft, but I can certainly reccomand it, and used it on the faust as he needed a damn good varnishing to make sure he surived trips to conventions and such.

I swear that I went back over each pic to try to see where there was a sine shaped reflection on the figure.

Thanks for the tip, GG

you couldn't find it because there were 2 but since the second was propogated at a right angle to the first you end up with a Lissajous curve, almost impossible to detect ! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.