Sign in to follow this  
MaxJR

First Battle.

Planning on doing my first firestorm invasion battle on the 23rd looking forward to testing out the rules have read through them think they're very interesting looking forward in trying them out.

Ones that have played before any suggestions things that came up during the battles

Post the outcome of the battle

Having played a few times, I think I can offer some pointers:

From a rules POW:

*Make sure to agree what each terrain piece represents (which causes Bog Down checks, etc)

*Do not play more than 25 pts on a 4x4 table

*Write down any unclear rules discovered during the game, both for future reference, and for posting here.

From a strategic POW:

*If you are going to include flyers, also include some Obstructing Terrain, otherwise your expensive flyers will relive the punchline of this: http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2011-05-28

*Terrans have a fair amounf of long-range firepower with both Valenfyres and Lancers (12 Black and 8 Blue respectivly), but will lose out once they close in on Federation Short Range distances (which starts at 24" (!) for Tank Destroyers).

*Federation Hover tanks are absolutly brutal...

So far, most of my games have resulted in some kind of Dindrenzi victory.

I was playing Dindrenzi. Pretty much first couple rounds with the way of the Terran . That is until my infantry drop in for a visit which really disrupted my opponent, battle plans. I really like the rules, especially the dice modification rule. By the end of our little skirmish. The only units left on the boards was the infantry. LOL. Really looking forward for new models to help expand the field of battle.

My opponent spectacular dice rolled decimate my platoons my return fire was not effective. I was going to have his dice X-ray.LOL . Although you have very good roll myself ineffective range with my railgun with 3 dice lay down 18 hits that was nice , but it was too little too late. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good at Tactics. Just waiting on more options for my Army did by another starter set to boost my Army. :D

See more and more releases for various Spartan games which I have. Would like to see more leases of planet fall. :blink:  :blink: