Comrade Roberts

'emplaced' Mar In Navy Games

SO new issue: The Tiny Flyer Compliment

-Do you deploy the tiny Flyers around the airfield like normal? ie- can you break it into 3 deployments (airfield, scout plane, wave of dive bombers ect)

People in my game group were making a case for it being unfair / illegal to deploy tiny flyers outside the normal deployment zone because THEY aren't 'emplaced'. What say ye? seems to me they have to stick near the field. The haters [jealous of the Tsars foresight ;) ] thought the tiny flyer compliment should have to start un-launched / on the field.

I've been thumbing through my books as well and I can't find a direct reference to them deploying together, only within 4" of the carrier/airfield.

It could be "assumed" that they deployed together because they are one squadron in the book. The carrier has the TFT as a MAR.

Until the first activation they are technically part of the carrier squadron.

Ie the MAR Timy Flyer Complement(6)

Peoples thoughts.

I've been thumbing through my books as well and I can't find a direct reference to them deploying together, only within 4" of the carrier/airfield.

It could be "assumed" that they deployed together because they are one squadron in the book. The carrier has the TFT as a MAR.

Peoples thoughts.

that's how our group sees it

Peoples thoughts.

Interstingly this came up during a tournament yesterday - we never really did have a solution. A couple of the players said within 4 inches of the carrier at the same time, others said they were a 'squadron' and could be deployed accordingly the rest didnt care!?

In the end we all just went with deployed at the same time as the carrier as it made little or no difference at the time, however it would be nice to know the intent of the rule.

regards

DCG

Edit - just realised this thread has gone in a different direction from the topic....

Do emplacements count to the core force for the purposes of fleet composition? They can be deployed on land or water, making them similar to amphibious models. I refer to this FAQ:

Q: What does an Amphibious model count as for the purposes of fleet composition?

A: Models with the Amphibious Model Assigned Rule are Naval models when in Water and Armoured models when on Land.

With regards to Core Force, an Amphibious model can be counted as either Naval or Armoured. But remember they are only part of your Core Force if in/on the appropriate Terrain (a Washington Class Land Ship that is hiding in a forest on an island, is an Armoured model and doesn't count towards a Naval Core Force requirements).

we deploy alle tiny flyers seperatly. Within 4 of their carrier but as they have their own activation they're deployed seperatly. Theyre only deployed with the carrier if they're deployed on it... NEver occured to any of us that you'd have to deploy them at the same time and i think it's an overinterpretation of the rules... Within 4'' is not the same as along with or at the same time...