Azriall

New Medium Flyer

Looking at them compared to an Inari, it just does not seem worth it. Costs more, no rockets so you have only one shot, less AP. You give it elite crew and cut the AP.

The sonic generator would help this a bit but it impacts your own ships as well. It just seems like they want to give the EOtBS these units that have potential but then they trip all over themselves to screw the unit up!!?!?!?

Who says i cant? Last i checked the "attachment" MAR adds 1 onryu to the Inari squad, not replaces (correct me if im wrong, as said books not to hand right now), plus with an actual incendiary turret (maybe an attempt to like with the fluff a bit more?) so its not like were setting less fires, though il definatly agree with the speed thing, especially as one of the perks of the inari is its well... nippy. MV7 is kinda gonna ruin that. Drats and i was almost hoping for a fast distruptor >>

Yep, add one to the squadron. That makes an Inari unit a bit nicer and if you have 2 of these 4 ship squads it gives you a bit more punch across the board. Still not enough to make this a "WOW" unit for me.

Yep, add one to the squadron. That makes an Inari unit a bit nicer and if you have 2 of these 4 ship squads it gives you a bit more punch across the board. Still not enough to make this a "WOW" unit for me.

aye, 85 points for a marginally "better" turret and an iffy generator isnt that great. 4 elite AP isnt exactly huge and the AA is sorta lacking. Noticing 0CC though? Id like to test them at least with a proxy and see how they handle on the table for myself, trying hard to get behind them but *shrug*

85 points, wow. I wasn't expecting it to be more than an Inari.

It's nice that it doesn't eat an Inari slot in that squadron, but still, you can almost get an Ika for that price. Two of them are about the cost of a Sokotsu.

Here's hoping the Hood isn't as disappointing.

Yep!!

Overall, I have to say that this is a very disappointing add to our list. No spotter, lost AP and costs more. I thnk someone wanted to add a nice ship but the development process got in the way.

Let the suggestings begin. Here are a few of mine:

Mk 3 with a mimic generator

Broadside guns that match the mains with IR

Better bombs. Maybe a 12??

Invisibility generator

I will get me some Onryo and add them to my Inari groups. Then I'll let them fly high and drop down near the enemy ships trying to short out the generators.

One question though: Can the Disruptor generator be used while being obscured? Ianri's where already nasty when parking in the central field and being obscured (although they could only hit on 6's).

Ok, here are your stats:

Cost 85 pts

8,6,3,1 on the main guns. 270 degree arc

DR - 4

CR-7

Mv- 10

HP-5

AP-4

AA-4

Squad 1 to 3

MARs:

Altitude skimming

Attachment(medium, Inari,1

Elite crew

Incendiary rounds (main turret )

Limited availability

Manoeuvrable

2 version :

Mk 1 has a disruption generator

Mk 2 has a sonic generator

These can be mixed in a squad

Seems to have a different mix. Not sure how well this will work on the battlefield.??

Where did u find these stats?

I would run them up into range band one obscured one sonic one distuptor. Hold the rest of the fleet back. Drop there sheilds an reduce all of there return fire with the sonic. Then pound them from a distance where the sonic doesn't affect my own fleet. This buys at least a turn of annoyance whilst the opponents fleet has to deal with them and gets itself out of position to do so.

Im not sold but I can see a viable tactic.

The only really bright side that I see with these is making an Inari squad's main gun a bit more lethal. If you are combining dice you can now get a 20 vs. 16 at range 1. The other ranges also become more lethal. Few things in this game will look past that.

One question that I do have right now is the effect of the incendiary rounds when you are combining fire?

The only really bright side that I see with these is making an Inari squad's main gun a bit more lethal. If you are combining dice you can now get a 20 vs. 16 at range 1. The other ranges also become more lethal. Few things in this game will look past that.

One question that I do have right now is the effect of the incendiary rounds when you are combining fire?

At a safe guess id assume you need IF on all weapons linking in.

It still works if not all the weapons have it, you only need one of the weapons to have incendiary, like moste of the other special amo MARs.

Jesus that makes this alot nicer then :o 20AD IF attack? 0.o BURN IT ALL!! :D

Way to suck the fun out of it nail! The whole game is based around chance and 50 percents common and 33 is too! :P

But seriously if it was garenteed it would be too powerful!

I however agreed my points are better spent else where indeed and you are right the chances are not high but for me thats exactly what makes it fun!

Way to suck the fun out of it nail! The whole game is based around chance and 50 percents common and 33 is too! :P

But seriously if it was garenteed it would be too powerful!

I however agreed my points are better spent else where indeed and you are right the chances are not high but for me thats exactly what makes it fun!

Like I said, in a game built on the exploding 6 mechanic, every model will sometimes work out for you. I just don't think that, with the Onryo, that's a good way to bet.

Believe me, I was hoping it'd be awesome. The Onryo and the Hood are the only two of the seven new release models that fit into my fleets, given who I play and the fact that I don't play land. Unfortunately it seems I'm going to be doubling down on the Hoods and leaving the Onryo on the shelf.