Cambion Daystar

Doublesided Tokens

I remember somebody [on this forum?] once made six-sided tokens. They glued paper tokens to blank dice or wooden cubes at one stroke giving themselves something more durable, easier to sort through and visually appealing than the normal pile of cardboard chits.

Cambion, why would you want to have them double-sided? The slightest miss-registration when they were printed -or- when they were cut apart would result in half the tokens being off-centered, askew, or cropped. 90% of the cost of printing is 'impression', the action/effort required to apply ink or toner to the page. The cost of an extra sheet of paper or even stiff card is negligible.

I print my tokens at about 65% size, cut out, and then glue back-to-back so that a "1" is backed by a "2" and a "3" is backed by a "4" (easier than trying to print both sides of the same sheet of cardstock to match the borders, and it also creates a thicker counter which is easier to pick up from the table)--creating double-sided tokens saves me from the sorting through blank tokens when some are face down, which I see some of my opponents doing, and when a ship takes only 1 HP of damage I can often flip the counter to register the increase in damage rather than sort for a different token. I've also glued critical hit effects to dice so the appropriate effect is turned up beside the ship, etc.

DSC01236-1.jpg

Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread, but while randomly surfing through the forums I stumbled upon it and liked the idea so much I had to do it myself.
Must say having only 3 type of dice is a blessing. The days of searching , sorting and storing (in- and postgame) of all those tokens is over!

Custom dice

Forgive me for resurrecting this old thread, but while randomly surfing through the forums I stumbled upon it and liked the idea so much I had to do it myself.

Must say having only 3 type of dice is a blessing. The days of searching , sorting and storing (in- and postgame) of all those tokens is over!

That's simply lovely

They're the tokens supplied by the (2.0) flotilla boxes I've bought over the last year, which are 16x16mm.
Managed to buy a wooden stave (€4 euros) of 15x15mm (2,5 meters long) so yeah, still got plenty more sawing and glueing to do!

But it does save a lot in the costs compared to using regular dice.