Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt_Huskie

Kob Colour Schemes

So how are you planning to paint your miniatures?

I was considering the traditional redcoat approach but painting the trousers black instead of blue.

But then I considered how good they might look in sandy tones as depicted in the Boer War or Lawrence of Arabia.

There exists box art of a KOB tank commander that reflects this scheme i might try.

Any Thoughts?

I am planning on green jackets so 60th or 95th and blues and royals for the sky hussars.

I like the green jackets but didn't the rifle troops wear green pants also?

I googled the 95th and they wore all green with black trim ..... got to do a platoon of them!

I like the green jackets but didn't the rifle troops wear green pants also?

I googled the 95th and they wore all green with black trim ..... got to do a platoon of them!

You'll have to get a scruffy looking officer to go with them if you do the 95th

Coats Mephiston Red, washed Agrax Earthshade, first layer mephiston red, edge h/l with Squig Orange.

Helmets & pants Zandri Dust, washed Agrax Earthshade, first layer Zandri Dust, edge h/l Ushabti Bone.

Metal bits Leadbelcher and washed Nuln Oil.

For anyone intrested in the Studio colours used, it goes something like this;

Uniforms - Mephiston red, agrax shade, ratskin flesh highlight. Averland sunset cuffs with dheneb stone trim.

Pouches, straps, elm etc - Dheneb stone, agrax shade, dheneb + white highlights.

Armour - Plate mail metal (army painter), nuln oil shade, Silver highlight (vallajo air range).

Trousers - Ultramarines blue, nuln oil shade, ultramarines+astronomicon grey highlight.

Other colours used include brassy brass (vellajo game colour), hawk turquise, khorne red, mournfang brown and probably some other little bits that escape me right now :)

Heres a WiP close up, with the cuffs needing te extra colours;

IMG_07721.jpg

I'm going to try it on my Canadian armour. I've done it with W40K I-Guard, and it's basically dark green with a few dots of black, pale green, and pale orange clustered together. For the table top, it's more about giving the impression of camo. :)

Not the greatest pic, I did it on my phone before I got a real camera, but here's an example:

68861_481832505934_1684464_n.jpg

Yeah...the camo impression is, in my opinion, better for table top aesthetics than an actual scale pattern. And as an added bonus, you get to keep your sanity. :)

The cloak in the pic reminds me a lot of the kit the rebel strike team in Return of the Jedi wore on Endor.

My first unit will be in the red jackets and blue trousers of the regular infantry (don't know what colour piping I'll go for yet. My second will be in rifle green, as per the 60th Kings Royal Rifles.

3rd-battalion%2B60th%2BKings%2BRoyal%2BRifles%2B1879.jpg

I was going to go for Rifle Green as well but a little bird hinted at Warfare last weekend that a 95 Rifle upgrade unit maybe coming out at some point so it was back to the drawing board. I built my starter set, extra section and drummers on Sunday and have spent a few days staring at them for inspiration. Khaki seems too dull so I am going for traditional Red jackets with grass green facings (Green Howards), Grey Trousers and Blackboots. Helmet and accoutrements white. The Sky-Hussars are going to be dark blue with yellow/gold trim (Homage to 13/18 Hussars). Lord Flasheart, sorry Smethington or whatever, will probably come out similar to the box art but I will use the same dark blue as I use on the Hussars. Can't wait to play a game with them but am determined to get them painted first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.