I've used them a bunch.

They can be very handy against FSA or other CoA forces, or anybody else who wants to engage you at range. Dropping half-AD templates to cover your advance can really ruin someone's day. Accelerating your own units is also handy. It's less useful against someone like the Prussians.

I've tried dropping deceleration or half-AD templates on top of enemy units if they get too close, but you have to be careful there. The orb is tough and explodes if destroyed, but it's very vulnerable to boarding.

The teleporter is a neat trick but you have to be careful with it. If an enemy sees it too often they'll adapt their positioning and you won't have any good places to park your DN. It's fun every so often though, just to see the look on their face.

The Time Orb is a two-edged weapon - the teleport function can win the battle for you, or lose it. The other abilities (half AD zone and +2" movement zone) are VERY useful and the primary use I get out of them, but the threat of the teleport is what your opponent will fixate on. This can be used to great advantage and they should be encouraged to worry about it constantly.

I've used it exactly once.

It covered my flank for two turns in conjunction with my small ship flotilla. They all got taken out eventually (Prussian Frigates at close range :unsure: ), and the Orb was captured, but it delayed them long enough to let me take out their big ships, capture their Skyfortress, and eventually turn and wipe the frigates out. Massacare to me.

It'll be interesting to use in other battles - it'll be fun!

I almost always use one orb.

The half AD function can protect me while I get my battleships into position if i need to close... I very rarely use the teleport function due to the vunerable position it leaves the teleported model in.

That said I was playing my regular KoB opponent and I hadnt used it on him in a while so he left himself open for an oportunistic teleport...My mission was to wpe out his smalls + 50% and he put them all in a nice line on the flank without sufficient support... a battleship in RB1 unleashes a hugh amount of hurt.

Best used in tandem with another. 1 cuts attack dice, other teleports dreadnought and battleship to awesome spots.

Sometimes I play 3.

#1 teleports #2 to other side of board. #3 teleports dreadnought. Dreadnought attacks #2 teleports it back to protect the fleet.

Have not used one myself (my friend plays CoA, I am usually EotBS) So I have a question.

I thought the range for all effects was 8"?

So if your DN was 8" from the orb you could try to teleport it, but if the model is more than 8" away (after you teleport it acorss the board) you could not?

that's why you set up a TDO telegraph, and jump multiple orbs around the battlefield. TDO-1 speeds up the nearby vessels, TDO-2 jumps TDO-1 somewhere on the field, TDO-3 jumps TDO-2 somewhere else, and TDO-4 jumps TDO-3 to make a network of jump points around the field (if i ignore the ship names i can do this with 6 of them- 2x walking, 4x waterlined)

I've noticed people say that half AD is an option. As far I understand the CoA rule book, it only covers the other two functions and that either template being fired through, into or out of the template halves the AD.