We're moving to Discord!

Come join in the discussion here!

You can also still find out all the latest news on TWITTER and FACEBOOK

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you shortly.

The Warcradle Team

dinglehammer

Official Kurak Alliance Thread: Tarakian

Yes, Gravity weapons do ignore shields!  You forgot that gravity weapons are also listed under indirect weapons.  So they ignore shields, do not need LOS, and do not degrade with hull damage.  

So...roll that around in your head for a little.  

Sounds like the Tarakians are going to be the monsters that they were in the fluff.

Interesting.

But are gravity weapons subject to Point Defense?

If so, they aren't as powerful as advertised.

(I ask since they are to be indirect weapons)

Further, if the gravity weapons are a gun rack equivalent, they would be more acceptable. Just some thoughts.

Nope. It's not subject to point defense.

Again; Interesting.

Soooooo, if they come in 'banks' of 10+ AD, then they certainly will be quite... Interesting.

Otherwise, if they are in "puny" banks of 5 or 6 AD, then I would say that they (the graviton weapons) are meh.

All of this is speculation on my part, but it would make true sense for me to have these weapon types in Gun Rack equivalents.....

Again; Interesting.

Soooooo, if they come in 'banks' of 10+ AD, then they certainly will be quite... Interesting.

Otherwise, if they are in "puny" banks of 5 or 6 AD, then I would say that they (the graviton weapons) are meh.

All of this is speculation on my part, but it would make true sense for me to have these weapon types in Gun Rack equivalents.....

If the banks are the same AD as in the 1.5 hardback the Tarakians will be tough.

Refresh my memory; what was the BBs weapon compliment in V1.5?

S/P        11 12 8  7

F(fixed)  8    9 7  6

Torp(Fore)  5    5  5 5

Torp(S/P)    5   5   5 5

A little weaker at the start than the other races but after a few rounds with no weapon degradation it'll be hard to crack.

So the regular batteries transform into Gravitic Weapons, and the torps remain torps?

Even with the V1.5 stats, it is a bit underwhelming. I must not be comprehending the abities too well.

At optimal range, the best the ship can do is 12 AD, which passes through Shields and doesn't degrade if the host ship takes damage.... and can be fired Indirectly.... Ok, but not too powerful in my book.... Essentially torps that pass through Shields. :shrug:

If I go up against Dindrenzi and Relthoza, not much to scream about as they both don't utilize Shields, and the Relthoza actually have other defensive systems.... The Directorate have Shields, on some ships, which would be worthwhile. Overall, unless I find a system that is HEAVILY invested with terrain, my Gravitic Weapons are scary due to their abilities, but not game changing. (Which isn't something I was aiming at to begin with)

Effectively, one volley of Gravitic weapons that are Indirect, followed up by a Torpedo volley that is also Indirect, and weaker due to smaller volleys.

Ok, I guess.

So the regular batteries transform into Gravitic Weapons, and the torps remain torps?

Even with the V1.5 stats, it is a bit underwhelming. I must not be comprehending the abities too well.

At optimal range, the best the ship can do is 12 AD, which passes through Shields and doesn't degrade if the host ship takes damage.... and can be fired Indirectly.... Ok, but not too powerful in my book.... Essentially torps that pass through Shields. :shrug:

If I go up against Dindrenzi and Relthoza, not much to scream about as they both don't utilize Shields, and the Relthoza actually have other defensive systems.... The Directorate have Shields, on some ships, which would be worthwhile. Overall, unless I find a system that is HEAVILY invested with terrain, my Gravitic Weapons are scary due to their abilities, but not game changing. (Which isn't something I was aiming at to begin with)

Effectively, one volley of Gravitic weapons that are Indirect, followed up by a Torpedo volley that is also Indirect, and weaker due to smaller volleys.

Ok, I guess.

No, it's not overpowering but when everbody's guns are around 9 or 10 AD after a few rounds you'll be ruling the roost. Also, if there's terrain on the field(which there usually is in 2.0) you can hide behind it and decimate your enemies and they can't do a single thing about it. :)

And if you move squadrons out of coherency you cause all sorts of problems without dealing damage, especially when followed up with torpedoes.

But nothing is more fun than shoving something into a planet :)  Which your opponent will only allow you to do once before never getting near one against Tarakians again.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would love a "unique" fleet to game with. I'm sure we all do. Even more so if one had the power to shove ships into planets! :D

The more I read about Grav weapons, the more worthwhile they become. Ignoring Shields, Cloaks, terrain and not degrading in power when the host ship takes damage??? I'll have a double serving of that please. :P

Am looking forward to fielding my Tarakians. Soon.

I've got to tell you... there is no earthly fluff reason for me to add Tarakians to my Aquan force, but I love the ships, I love the idea of gravity weapons, and I love the forced movement options. You mean I have the option to damage your ships, haul your ships around, or even haul my ships around? That sounds great! These guys are definitely at the bottom of the list - under adding to my Aquans, adding Teraqui, and fleshing out my Directorate collection - but they are definitely on the list.

Is it just me or are the Tarakian cruisers nowhere to be found on the store page?

Similarly the battleship is "unavailable."

The cruisers are right there at the top of the page if you search "Tarakians." However, the battleship is "Currently Unavailable." Since models that Spartan has discontinued are simply disappearing from the store entirely, not being marked as currently unavailable, I think it's safe to assume that the Ganak isn't going anywhere - it's just out of stock right now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.