Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcdp

Carrier Model And Carrier Class And Carrier Mpv

Guest dcdp

Good morning all.

I need a clearance about Carrier rules.

Page 14 and 34, every model with a FW value greater than 0 is a Carrier. So, my Battleship, Dreadnought and few cruisers are Carriers ?

If it does, must I include my Battleship with its Wings in Carrier MPV ?

I believe that are a carrier in addtion to their orginal class so they count towards their normal class and not the Carrier MPV unless they are a Carrier Class model For instance Banes are Crusiers for MPV but have the carrier type.

For Aquans all of our BB's are carriers but we use the BB's MPV for them

Battle Carriers on the other had are a sub-category and get an extra 30% to spend on them.

The way we have programmed it in Army Builder is that any ship with wings (carriers) the wings count towards the MFV (Maximum Fleet Value). Please note that a carrier is any ship that can hold wings. A Carrier (CV) is a class of ships that also holds wings and is there for a carrier (note the capitalization of the class).

So any ship that has a Fleet Wing (FW) value is a carrier

Carriers are the class of ship that uses wings as their main weapon below are a few examples:

Sorylian Xiphos Class MKII Carrier (CV)

Directorate Overseer Class Carrier (CV)

Ryushi Shautrai Class Battle Carrier (BCV)

Rense System Navy Argus Class Carrier (CV)

Does that help?

I think the diffrence really is that some ships are Carriers concerning MPV, this is a ship type thing and basically irrelevant during game. Then there are carriers that can carry or host wings, refule and rearm them etc. This is an ingame thing.

Guest dcdp

So, when I built my fleet, only Carriers count for Carrier MPV, and every carrier ship can help a Wing....

I'm right ?

Correct like my Hive Carrier counts toward it plus wings if I buy them...my Bane cruisers count toward mediums and while technically they carry wings and are carriers in that sense they are not classified as a carrier/battle carrier.

So, when I built my fleet, only Carriers count for Carrier MPV, and every carrier ship can help a Wing....

I'm right ?

Correct; basically always look at the ship class (where it says "This is a MEDIUM CAPITAL CLASS...". If it says Carrier or Battle Carrier there then it comes out of those point allotments. If it says Battleship or Dreadnought (etc) then, even thought it may have fighters, it comes out of those allotments.

Zak

Guest dcdp

You said it! :-) We all have a lot of fun with interpreting some rules! ;-)

I'm french and that's a english naturally-speaking man who said that.

I'm maybe not to bad in english, then. :D

Guest dcdp

Votre Anglais est tres bien!

As you can see, my French is not so good or extensive!

Do like me: read, read, read and sometimes listen french radios as RFI (Radio France Info)

Nowadays you can listen radios by their website ;)

I read Harry Potter series, Jason Bourne series and Da Vinci Code... and SG rulebooks. :)