zajis

Official Kurak Alliance Thread: Terquai Empire

Orbats? We don't need no stinken Orbats! :D

As Ryjak correctly points out(but incorrectly names) we have Fleet Manuals in the form of Living PDF documents.

I believe I read that they are to be updated to reflect the changes quite soon.

So now that the Models for the Patrol fleet have been released does anyone have an idea where to find the stats for the Alkonost Class Assault Carrier ? Usually the Orbats update just before releases but this time they didn't, the Kurak alliance Orbat still only lists the dreadnought, both types of cruisers and the frigates. I am interested in seeing the stats for this model, surely I'm not the only one.

Well, they still haven't bothered putting the Overseer box stats up, so who knows? Apparently keeping FA files up to date isn't that much of a priority.

All you can really do is patiently wait for Spartan Games to update the alliance of Kurak Fleet manual. Normally, updates are released the date models are released…

I wonder if there is anyway a Spartan member could be questioned for a potential time frame ? I have left posts on the facebook page and here hoping it would be seen but no avail really, I am rather disappointed that I can't use the model I have because the rules aren't ready.

And...we have the stats! It's in a separate PDF in the download section for Firestorm Armada. There's a typo in the title (it says "Dreadnought Resulka Class"), but oh well! :lol:

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/wp/wp/wp-content/spartanimg/FA_Terquai_Assault_Carrier_Statistics.pdf

Sure, the fleet lists don't allow actually to take since they are not updated for now, but at least we know what this sweet thing can do.

It's actually quite a good carrier, with high DR/CR and good firepower. Options are straigthforward and it can have a nice punch in boarding if played with an Assault Carrier in Accompaniment.

Im looking foward to paint them and test them as a single force.

So assault carriers in kurak fleets? How do we use them in the lists? Theres still no allowence for them in the patrol / battle fleets right?

Do they count as carriers?

While several Fleet Guides need to be updated to allow new units (like Aquan Gunships) everyone should understand these units are allowed in the game.

For the Terquai Assault Carrier, I would follow the Zenian charts, which allow:

Patrol Fleet: 1 Assault Carrier

Battle Fleet: 2 Assault Carriers

Grand Fleet: 3 Assault Carriers

So, considering the following for my next fleet, thoughts?

Alkonost-class Assault Carrier, +2 WC, +1 Sh, Corrosive Torpedoes, 6 Bombers

3x Turale-class Torpedo Cruisers, Sector Shielding, Corrosive Torpedoes

4x Sular-class Frigates, Pack Hunters

800pts on the dot. Up to 7x 7AD torpedo attacks with corrosive per turn, though obviously fewer but bigger with linking. Frigates hug the Carrier to get extra PD from the bombers until things get close, then split off to do nasty things with their potentially 14AD gunracks (at rb2, 5 base, 7 from linking, 2 from pack hunters).

I think the Assault Cruisers are tasty as well so I'll probably end up magnetizing them.

I'll hopefully be the owner of a shiny new terquai fleet from next month but the one problem I foresee is the lack of tier 3 options in the patrol box. I already have 4 cruisers plus the dreadnought on order. Once the patrol box is received I'd have the points for a battle fleet but not 2 x tier 3. How are people getting around that? I've read the fleet building guide and while I can't confess to knowing all the nuances of list building it looks like you have to take two terquai tier 3's before adding other nations? Is that right? Are people proxying? Any advice happily received

Mostly people who play pure support fleet factions get around this by one of the following methods:

1) Buy another patrol fleet box. Obviously not a great option for a player on a budget, but sometimes still worth it, especially if you really want to run two of the tier 1 models. I did this for Works Raptor, as Attritions are amazing.

2) At battle fleet levels, field two half-sized squadrons of your tier 3, and then play the Regroup TAC on them turn 1. Some players hate this, there is a whole thread on the "gamesmanship" of this Tactic elsewhere.

3) Proxy. Some players hate this. It is what it is. I do it all the time when I play certain factions such as the Syndicate.

My advice is get another patrol fleet box. The Alkonost points value is in battleship range, so using two of them in a battle fleet isn't entirely insane, and could be very fun. Plus, more cruisers is never a bad thing when your two choices are both awesome.

Cheers. I'd thought of option 2 but agree with the possible gamesmanship issue.

I'll think on the other ideas. My main fleet is aquans thus the reason for Terquai. Just seemed a shame not to be able to use them as they are.

Maybe one day they'll get individual models although it feels like the newer stuff doesn't get the 'single' model treatment these days

So, considering the following for my next fleet, thoughts?

Alkonost-class Assault Carrier, +2 WC, +1 Sh, Corrosive Torpedoes, 6 Bombers

4x Sular-class Frigates, Pack Hunters

800pts on the dot. Up to 7x 7AD torpedo attacks with corrosive per turn, though obviously fewer but bigger with linking. Frigates hug the Carrier to get extra PD from the bombers until things get close, then split off to do nasty things with their potentially 14AD gunracks (at rb2, 5 base, 7 from linking, 2 from pack hunters).

I think the Assault Cruisers are tasty as well so I'll probably end up magnetizing them.

Hi,

looks like a pretty tough list, not much more you can do at 800pts (btw you have 5pts left, suggest you buy 'special forces' for your Carrier).

Otherwise Iam not sold on the corrosive lists efficiency but I shall give it another try. I usually prefer to play assault style lists, adding High Energy to Torpedo cruisers and mixing with an Assault cruisers squadron (usually kept in reserve) or/and a combined Carrier-assault cruiser squadron. The Carrier seems extremely potent with an Assault cruiser as support (too bad there isnt a fourth cruiser in the Patrol Fleet box as in the RSN one).

Suggest you reserve your frigates for shunt/side edge entry.

Have fun :ph34r: