Sign in to follow this  
MooseMCA

Dominion Of Canada Fieldable By Fsa?

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I'm quite excited by the potential of adding some Canadian boom to my American land units. Does anyone know if FSA can field, or are they only a Britannia goodie?

Cheers!

Guest Delboy

Hate to break the bad news, but don't get your hopes up. They are only a minor resource to us, and as a result we can only make Canadian models 25% of our force and they are not part of our core force.

Try not to be too negative FSA Michael, the FSA have access to the Canadians. Not to the degree you were expecting clearly, but given the historical (and fluff) precedence, I'm happy with 25% as an option.

If we take the allowance in perspective,

In a 1500pts Land Game FSA can get 375pts for Canadians..... or up to 3-4 units

In a 1250pt Land Game FSA can get 312pts for Canadians.... or up to 2-3 units

In a 1000pts Land Game FSA can get 250pts for Canadians.... or up to 2 units

In a 1500pts Land Game, common convention is to have 12 units or so....and 3-4 of these might be Canadians....

In a 1000pts Land Game, common convention is to have 10 units or so....and 2-3 of these might be Canadians...

In a 1000pts Land Game, common convention is to have 8 units or so....and 2 of these might be Canadians....

Broken down, all that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Personally, if I play as FSA, I want an FSA Fleet, not a Canadian one. So if I add in Canadian allies, they should be a Minor Resource designed to add flavour and compliment my FSA gameplay - not over-balance or dominate it.

On a further plus side, I think its important to look beyond just playing my FSA fleet. One of the clear benefits to me is that buying Canadian vessels to add in to our FSA as minor allies is that I will eventually build up a small Canadian fleet which in time, which I can add my FSA vessels to as lend-lease.... creating a Dominion Fleet of my own....and essentially a Power Block on the continent!

So its not all doom and gloom! :)

Getting to be called a Power Block sounds pretty cool right? :P

d.

Try not to be too negative FSA Michael, the FSA have access to the Canadians. Not to the degree you were expecting clearly, but given the historical (and fluff) precedence, I'm happy with 25% as an option.

If we take the allowance in perspective,

In a 1500pts Land Game FSA can get 375pts for Canadians..... or up to 3-4 units

In a 1250pt Land Game FSA can get 312pts for Canadians.... or up to 2-3 units

In a 1000pts Land Game FSA can get 250pts for Canadians.... or up to 2 units

In a 1500pts Land Game, common convention is to have 12 units or so....and 3-4 of these might be Canadians....

In a 1000pts Land Game, common convention is to have 10 units or so....and 2-3 of these might be Canadians...

In a 1000pts Land Game, common convention is to have 8 units or so....and 2 of these might be Canadians....

Broken down, all that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Personally, if I play as FSA, I want an FSA Fleet, not a Canadian one. So if I add in Canadian allies, they should be a Minor Resource designed to add flavour and compliment my FSA gameplay - not over-balance or dominate it.

On a further plus side, I think its important to look beyond just playing my FSA fleet. One of the clear benefits to me is that buying Canadian vessels to add in to our FSA as minor allies is that I will eventually build up a small Canadian fleet which in time, which I can add my FSA vessels to as lend-lease.... creating a Dominion Fleet of my own....and essentially a Power Block on the continent!

So its not all doom and gloom! :)

Getting to be called a Power Block sounds pretty cool right? :P

d.

Hmm, did not look at it that way! :D