Overread

Forum Painting Competition - September - Dystopian Wars

i'd like to give it a go so in with a valley and a savannah

now i just have to work out a pic with only 50 bytes of attachments left :wacko:

Upload the pictures to galaries, not as an attachment. That way you have unlimited space available. Then copy the link from the galarie and use it as image in your post, not as attachment.

I'd like to join in with an Prussian Empire Emperor Class Battleship

first picture. the Battleship is primed, based and magnetised.

primedbased

[edit] WIP fases added

WIPdeckspurple

WIP 1: after heavy drybrushing, added the background purple for the tesla's and the wood of the decks

WIPdecksbrasswindows (2)

WIPdecksbrasswindows

WIP 2: brass, copper, windows and sea painted

done

emperor detail

emperor detail 2

emperor 2

Golem Gary - I've listed out the "large" miniatures as I see them based on model size in the opening post of the thread. If there is another you think that should be on the list please do suggest it :)

No worries, its just I have a metzger on the shelf i'll probably never use, was thinking of dursting it off.

Failing that I'll russtle something french up :)

Golem Gary - I've listed out the "large" miniatures as I see them based on model size in the opening post of the thread. If there is another you think that should be on the list please do suggest it :)

What are Squids and Metzgers if they are not Larges? (I was planning to do a Squid - they are the length of the EBS Battleship - I don't have a Metz but they look like they are as tall as a BB is long.) Are you planning robots as their own category in a future month?

Suggesting:

+ add Squids

+ add Metzgers

+ add Bunkers? (is terrain/buildings another future category?)

remove Kagoshima (and perhaps the other Mobile Airfields cause they are Massive one grade above large... ...I have the Kagoshima Mobile Airfield and it is enormous with a ridiculous amount of detail.)

Edited by Pendrake

All three have been added to the list :)

I'm apprehensive about removing the land mobile airfields as I don't really want to end up with just a single model type being the only entrant for a round of the competition.

Cool. Thanks.

According to Spartan: Sky Forts, Bunker Complexes, and (stationary) Landing Fields join the Mobile Airfields in the 'Massive' weight class. (But calling a both a Tenkei and a Kagoshima 'Massive' seems a bit of a stretch. And it gets stranger: the EBS war gyro [ 'Large Class' ] is a bigger, heftier model than the sky fort.)